last version of SVN 174 (29-08-2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanparis

Ok Rob,
I have install the TortoiseSVN and have overwrite all my version files of com_fabrik (admin and component).
I have duplicate default folder of template and rename new2. In the default template.php I have change the code with code you send me.
I have setting in whit phpmyadmin the fabrik table the value for link to template (table_template - before new2.html after new2) and it's ok link and don't show any error but ...
------------------------------------
I use firebug and in frontend I have in this order 4 error (see images in attach)
unterminated string literal
[Break on this error] 'value': '<br />\n
index.php (line 992)
submitfabrikTable is not defined
onclick(click clientX=0, clientY=0)index.php (line 1)
index.php (line 1)
fabrikNav is not defined
onclick(click clientX=0, clientY=0)index.php (line 1)
index.php (line 1)
fabrikNavLimit is not defined
onchange(change )index.php (line 1)
index.php (line 1)
----------------------------------------

and in backend I have in this order 4 error (the filter table setting and working only frontend in backend is lose. (see images in attach)
unterminated string literal
[Break on this error] var th = new Element('th', {}).appendText('<br />\n
index2.php (line 479)
adminFilters is not defined
[Break on this error] var url = 'index3.php?option=com_fabrik&no_html=1&task=ajax_loadTableDropDow...
index2.php (line 1769)
myAdminFilters is not defined
onclick(click clientX=0, clientY=0)index2.php (line 1)
[Break on this error] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XH...
index2.php (line 1)
joinCounter is not defined
[Break on this error] +'</td><tr>'
index2.php (line 1718
-----------------------------------

do you help me now?
thanks
alan

Attachments

• back_table_last_svn_29-8-07.jpg
    back_table_last_svn_29-8-07.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 219
  • back_table_last_svn_29-8-07.jpg_thumb
    12.4 KB · Views: 213
  • front_table_last_svn_29-8-07.jpg
    front_table_last_svn_29-8-07.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 218
  • front_table_last_svn_29-8-07.jpg_thumb
    12.9 KB · Views: 225
  • front_filtertable_last_svn_29-8-07.jpg
    front_filtertable_last_svn_29-8-07.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 248
  • front_filtertable_last_svn_29-8-07.jpg_thumb
    10.4 KB · Views: 207
Re: last version of SVN (29-08-2007)

As far as I can tell, it looks like you have the string "<br />\n" somewhere in an element definition, maybe in the 'default value' or 'label'. I can't actually duplicate the problem, but I seem to recall you are using PHP4, which means the way your system and mine handle special characters submitted through forms would be different (see previous notes about htmlspecialchars_decode, etc).

So check your elements for anything like "<br />\n" in the values, labels, etc.

Is this site somewhere I can see it? I'd be able to see exactly where the error is coming from if I could browse the page. Unfortunately, FireBug doesn't always report / show the right line number, so it's tough to base a diagnosis on the error text you are quoting. But very close to the line you are showing there are half a dozen lines that could be responsible (the ones that set up the default value, label, etc).

-- hugh

Thanks Hugs,
this error of SVN 174 is only in local site test.
In online product site (see this link http://www.donneinviaggio.com/dnn/component/option,com_fabrik/Itemid,110/lang,it/) it's ok but the version is SVN 36 and I don't replicate this. The label of element in SVN 36 in site product, yes, are setting whit html code but firebug don't show error.

In SVN 174 the html code is automatic clear? Because in the value of element when I see in phpmyadmin are clear. (the database in local is mirror of the site product)

alan

no chance of seeing this on a test site :( ?

If not post these pages full source code here, I guess theres a php warning being generated inside the javascript which creates these errors

alan said:
The label of element in SVN 36 in site product, yes, are setting whit html code but firebug don't show error.

Have you actually tried removing the HTML formatting from the labels, see if those JS errors go away?

The way Fabrik builds pages and the JS it uses has changed dramatically between Rev 36 and Rev 174. Just because Rev 36 doesn't throw an error doesn't mean Rev 174 won't, under certain conditions. If you absolutely must force a line break in your element title, try taking the "\n" out, just use the "<br />", see if that works.

In SVN 174 the html code is automatic clear? Because in the value of element when I see in phpmyadmin are clear. (the database in local is mirror of the site product)

I suspect phpMyAdmin may be have similar issues displaying embedded formatting, especially on PHP4.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back