Layout edit_row not found

wdburgdorf

Just updated(?) from pkg_fabrik_3.0.5.2 to Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.5-152-gb854d3a after having a problem with a plugin, still the same:

When adding this to an article:

{fabrik view=list id=1}

I get this error message when saving the article:

500 - An error has occurred. Layout edit_row not found

(Joomla! 2.5.4)

An error when saving the article should be a Joomla problem.

Code not replaced: did you enable the Fabrik content plugin?

yes, all plugins enabled.

Joomla problem: possible, of course, but I have never had a similar problem with Joomla, not with this (2.5.4) or other versions. I'm using another plugin on the same site where sth. like {component ...} is replaced within an article.

Hi again,
the plugin works now! Don't know what's different. Well, I did another module update from the backend, actually, not git file this time.
I still get the same error message when saving an article, but the article is correctly saved anyway (not checked out, though), and the plugin code is correctly replaced!

Yeah, I noticed this the other day, with _row added to the layout name in a not found message. But it was happening on a client site, not mine, and I couldn't replicate the problem locally. Also, I was only seeing it when loading the article on the front end.

If you add layout=whatever to your {fabrik ...} incantation, does that have any effect? Where 'whatever' is the Fabrik template name you are using.

-- hugh

NOTE TO SELF

Just stumbled across what is no doubt the cause, list view, getManagementJS(), around line 120:

PHP:
		//if table data starts as empty then we need the html from the row
		// template otherwise we can't add a row to the table
		ob_start();
		$this->_row = new stdClass();
		$this->_row->id = '';
		$this->_row->class = 'fabrik_row';
		echo $this->loadTemplate('row');
		$opts->rowtemplate = ob_get_contents();
		ob_end_clean();

Noticed this while doing something else, don't have time to debug this right now, so NOTE TO SELF to come back to this.

-- hugh

BTW, what Fabrik list template are you using?

Is it a custom one?

if so, does it have a default_row.php file?

-- hugh

waitwaitwait ... 2fast for me ...
I tried the layout thing today, but on the phone where I didn't have the forum login so can reply only now. And yes, adding layout=default to the code fixed the error!
As you might guess now, I have not even choosen a template let alone created my own. All default.

Thanks. Just encountered the same issue after adjusting the width of a list using <div></div> tags and adding the layout=default like this
{fabrik view=list id=4 layout=default} fixed the issue.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back