Limit login by time of day

Dear community,

I want to create a setting with a slider for every today which indicates from what time to what time a user can access the website. The goal is that a parent can set a time from which time a child may access the social media site.

I'm looking for a plugin that comes close to limit the time to a joomla site. I have been looking for quite some time but can't seem to find anything.

Any ideas on how to get this done? I will use fabrik for all the settings etc. But I could use some tips on where to connect it up to joomla itself.

I don't know of any plugins or extensions which would do this. However, it wouldn't be hard to write a custom plugin to do it. If you are interested, I could quote you on writing one.

-- hugh

Dear Hugh,

That would be great.

I guess these are the fields it needs:
  • My idea is that there are 7 multisliders, one for each day of the week. (begin and end-time)
  • URL to go to when access is not allowed
Then it needs ACL control. And it should be tied to a user. It's not a general setting for all users.

So when somebody logs in it checks if allowed. I guess it should also check in between, otherwise the kids are smart enough to not log out, and still use it.

Please send me a quote.

Thanks, Hein

I had a look at the system plugin code over the weekend, and came up with how to deny a login.

The plugin I'm suggesting wouldn't include the UI. It would just be the system side of things, to read the data from a table, and enforce the login restrictions.

If you need to also control access, rather than just logins, I'll need to do some more digging. That'll involve a different approach.

For the UI, you'd need to build that in Fabrik. We do have a slider control, but it only understands simple integers, not times. So we may need to come up with a different approach unless I can see an easy way to enhance the sliders for times.

I'll do some more research and get back to you.

-- hugh

Dear Hugh,

Did you get around to looking at this? Never heard back from you on this. We are still interested in having this developed.

Hein

I'm on vacation this month in England (first vacation in three yesrs), ping me about it early next month.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back