Link to form in email that automatically login user to joomla,

Hi,

I am thinking how to realize a function:
simple: works:
email plugin for form with my own template send email to user that is in user-field for fullfilled record,

more edvanced: i am looking how to do this
add in email link that:
1.link to choosen fabrik form in joomla
2.autologin/ automatically login user that is in user-field for fullfilled record to joomla

Is this possible and what is an idea to do it?

Our system joomla/fabrik is a bit complicated for our customers, it needs make some steeps in our forms when customer get email from us from our joomla/fabrik.
It is uncomfortable for our customer to login to our joomla/fabrik each time they get an email from us, they would not want to use our system....

I really can't think of any way to achieve this. The user authentication in J! itself is set up to prevent this kind of thing, otherwise it'd be too easy to hack.

The only way "auto login" works in J! is after providing a users full credentials, for instance after creating an account for the user in the juser plugin, where we have the user's name and password, and can authenticate the user BEFORE redirecting them to the "welcome" page after the current page load where the account is created.

I'm not aware of any way of providing some kind of magic login token in a link.

-- hugh

do they actually need to be logged in? Or would a simple 'yes Im really did receive an email from you' handshake work?
If its the latter you could maintain a database table of generated encrypted hashes which you add to when you send out the email. This hash is included in the email's link.
Then when you load the form you can parse that hash against the look up table, if its found you can show the form if not then the form is not shown. This wouldn't log the user into the system though.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back