List edit,view buttons missing when no delete access

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcc

I updated this morning from Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.6.3-31-g385d22c to Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.6.3-79-g9c78792 (J! 2.5.7).

One of the results is that we lost LIST link buttons (edit,view) on some, but not all, LISTS. All lists have Render buttons as inline as recommended in recent threads, but the difference between whether the buttons show or not is having delete access. If the user has delete access, the list shows the appropriate buttons. If the user does not have delete access, then there are no buttons rendered.

NEW:

I have tried both values for 'Render buttons as'; no change.

Hi Jcc,

You mention that the buttons only work on some lists, but not all. I've had this problem before, but realized I changed some access levels, and creating new lists defaulted at specific access levels that ruined all my new lists.

Would you mind double checking them all and trying to find a possible difference between a working list and a non working list? :)

@Tessa - Sorry I was not more clear in my initial post. I did change a number of settings for the lists:

• List->Links->Details view link: yes and no
  • List->Links->Show edit link: yes and no
  • List->Links->Render buttons as: inline and floating
  • List->Links->Checkbox location: beginning and end
  • List->Links->Floating buttons position: left and right and top and bottom
None of those made any difference. The one change that I made that DID make a difference was:

List->Access->Delete records: Super User and Registered.

If the user has Delete records access, I got edit, view, delete buttons. If the user did NOT have Delete records access, I got NO buttons. [The "SOME lists" that worked to which I has initially referred all had Delete records access. The ones to which my test user did not have Delete records access, were the ones that did not work.]

@sales2010 - All of my lists are set to inline because of a different (but probably related to your) issue. I did try switching between floating and inline, but it did not make any difference and switched back to inline. Only Delete records access made any difference.

@Tessa - Sorry I was not more clear in my initial post. I did change a number of settings for the lists:

• List->Links->Details view link: yes and no
  • List->Links->Show edit link: yes and no
  • List->Links->Render buttons as: inline and floating
  • List->Links->Checkbox location: beginning and end
  • List->Links->Floating buttons position: left and right and top and bottom
None of those made any difference. The one change that I made that DID make a difference was:

List->Access->Delete records: Super User and Registered.

If the user has Delete records access, I got edit, view, delete buttons. If the user did NOT have Delete records access, I got NO buttons. [The "SOME lists" that worked to which I has initially referred all had Delete records access. The ones to which my test user did not have Delete records access, were the ones that did not work.]

@sales2010 - All of my lists are set to inline because of a different (but probably related to your) issue. I did try switching between floating and inline, but it did not make any difference and switched back to inline. Only Delete records access made any difference.

I'm just curious, what do you have this set to in access levels for list?

List->Access->Edit records: ?

I'm thinking it might definitely be github update bug if this only started happening right after the update.

The buttons are showing inline now. But again, if someone has access only through their user_id within the "or use field" in the list access permissions, it's not displaying. It's the case for Edit Records even when Delete Records is set also with a "or use field" user_id access.

Not sure how to tell. I updated via command line. But it hadn't been working for me. I updated not too long before I posted the note.

Now running Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.6.3-141-g325b6d4 and it does seem to be working... I noticed a change in the arrangement of the buttons. [see images] Is that intentional? Not a problem, but I will get asked about it.

Maybe it is just a screen real-estate issue with my lists...

Attachments

• action buttons 01.JPG
    action buttons 01.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 317
  • action buttons 02.JPG
    action buttons 02.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 305
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.