List filter onchange not working

juuser

Hello,

I have some lists where column heading filter doesn't trigger onchange. List settings are ok (same as all other list settings that work). I have noticed that the list have extra space for button beside search all window. I have attached a screenshot.

What could be the problem? Is there some way to somehow reset list settings?

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 170
I was afraid of this. I have closed intranet site that cannot be accessed outside :( Is there something I can check myself?

If not, I will try to make a copy of this site to some public server.

Hi Hugh,

I managed to get the copy of my site up in public server. Could you please check what's wrong. The list is in "TEST" menu (its the only menu item there).

I will PM you my site login data in a minute.

Thanks!

Can you try turning the filtering off on your date element? I think it may be something to do with the way we automatically override the filter submit method, setting it to "submit", if you have a ranged filter active. This is because with a ranged filter, changing either one of the values will trigger a 'change' event.

Anyway, I think there may be something moofed in the way we fall back to the Go button method ....

-- hugh

BTW that extra space you pointed out is actually the Go button, except that we are hiding it. If I manually show it in Firebug, then click it, the filtering works fine.

-- hugh

Hmmm. Works OK on my setup, we correctly show that Go button.

Looks like you have something installed which is wrapping 'splash-button' spans around buttons. I think this may somehow be interfering with us displaying that Go button.

Can you disable whatever it is doing that?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

I disabled the date range filter and it solved the problem for that table. When re-enabling, it comes back. Is it meant to be like that when using date range filter or is it a bug? I mainly use other filters without date range filter and it would be nice to trigger onchange like usually.

But I have also another list with the same problem where there's no date range filter. I added this list to TEST menu. It's called Actionlist. Can you check that also?

I'm using same Joomla and Fabrik list templates for all tables, but other ones are working fine.

Hi Hugh,

Figured just out what was wrong with the other table I asked you to check. There was a auto-complete filter on one element. Disabled that and on-change filtering started to work.

So when I have date range filter or auto-complete filter on one of the elements, on-change filter stops working on dropdown filters :(

its not that it stops working, more that its not possible, otherwise you would never get to select both dates for the ranged search, as as soon as you select one date range the list would filter itself

Thanks Rob,

I understand that the range filter should work as you described in your last post. But I was hoping that other elements dropdown filters would still work "onchange" :confused:

We looked at trying to make it work like that, but it just became confusing to users, when some fields triggered filtering and others didn't, on a filter set that has a "Go" button.

So we made a the design decision to override with the "Go" button if a ranged filter is used.

If you have a suggestion for how this might work in an intuitive way that doesn't confuse people, we'd be happy to take another look at it.

-- hugh

Thanks, I understand the idea now. For me it would be ideal if range filter would also trigger onchange but only if first option is already selected. But I have not a slightest idea if it's technically possible :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back