Solved List filters not working correctly when list is in module or content

I have a list with a prefilter and an element filter, both of which work perfectly when the list is accessed from the menu.

However, when I put the list into an article as a content plugin, the prefilter works correctly but using the element filter produces a strange result: the correct number of rows is displayed but every row is the same item (see screenshot). Even when the filters are cleared, the same item is displayed in every row. I tried using a Fabrik List module but the result is the same.

I've tried setting the resetfilters and clearfilters in the module to No and tried changing the prefilter "Overridden by menu/modules" to No but to no avail. I can't find anything reference in the Wiki or Forums on this problem.

The element to be filtered is not displayed in the list, but this shouldn't matter (should it?), as it works when the list is published from a menu item. If I add "&fabrikdebug=1" to the URL, I get "Error 404 - page not found" and switching on Joomla debug gives me nothing. Any suggestions anyone?

J5.0.3
F4.0 (Gitdate 2024/03/06)
PHP 8.1.28

Attachments

• Unfiltered list.png
    Unfiltered list.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Filtered result from menu item.png
    Filtered result from menu item.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Filtered result from content plugin or module.png
    Filtered result from content plugin or module.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
If displayed via content plugin or module a list is ajaxfied, ie. the display updated via JS.

It looks as if you are using a custom template.
Can you try with the standard Fabrik bootstrap list template?
"&fabrikdebug=1" to the URL, I get "Error 404
If you don't have other URL parameters you must use ?fabrikdebug=1

Ah, you are right, of course @troester. Using the standard bootstrap template produces the correct result. I should have realised it was my custom template. Thank you.
Is there anything I can do in my custom template to make it work... or is that too big a question?!

Try if it's also working with the Fabrik 4 div template and use this for comparing with your custom template.
Is this an updated site, e.g. your custom template is from Fabrik 3?

Yes, it's working with the div template so I'll compare that to my custom template, thank you.
This test site is a clean install of F4 but the custom template was originally designed with F3.
Thanks again @troester !

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back