List on a database view

pundip

I am trying to create a list on a mysql view. When I try to edit the list I get the 1347 error "skill_base_V' is not BASE TABLE' The view includes a primary key which is set in the Primary Key field in the data tab in the list settings. I have joined this list to another list and it seems to be working except on save I get the "
Error
The target table skill_base_V of the UPDATE is not updatable" error.

"When I try to edit the list" Do you mean edit the list (settings) or edit a record? A view is readonly

Apologies, I meant edit the list settings and not the record itself. For example I want to change the order by and it wont let me save the new setting.

Maybe after joining the view to a normal table Fabrik handles the list not longer as a "view".
Try
Set autoincrement explicitely to no
In advanced set "alter field types" to no

FIX:
As usual right after posting I figure it. Out. The fix lies in "alter field types" option and setting it to no from use global. My problem was I couldn't change it because updating the list settings was not possible anymore. I was able to change the global setting to no which allowed changing "alter field types" to no. I could then revert the global setting to yes and I am still able to edit and update the list settings. Autoincrement was already set explicitly to no so I am not sure what impact that has.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back