list on database view still buggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SjAndringa

Hi,
Try to make a list on a database view in fabrik 3.1. Fabrik doesn't recognise is at a view and tries to set, for example collation (by itself). Then error
1347 'kvdor_glupta.v_komendjaar' is not BASE TABLE SQL=ALTER TABLE v_komendjaar COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci
occurs.

The problem can temporarily be solved by using phpmyadmin on joomla-fabrik table xxx_fabrik_list and changing {"isview":"0"} into {"isview":"1"} in field params

xxx_ is your joomla prefix
the field params may contain many more items, look foor {"isview":"0"} at the end

Hope that this issue may be improved, Fabrik is a great appplication builder.

Sjoerd

You shouldn't start a new thread in addition to an existing one.
Did you update from GitHub?
I can't see any problem linking to a MySQL view, "isview:1" is set correctly.
In your other thread http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/cannot-make-list-from-database-view.36830/
you said
no, a fresh install. But the tables and views are from an existing database (migrated from MsAccess)
so maybe your migrated view is missing something.

What are your system settings (php version, MySQL version...)

You shouldn't start a new thread in addition to an existing one.
Did you update from GitHub?
I can't see any problem linking to a MySQL view, "isview:1" is set correctly.
In your other thread http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/cannot-make-list-from-database-view.36830/
you said

so maybe your migrated view is missing something.

What are your system settings (php version, MySQL version...)

Sorry,

there seemed no reaction to my previous thread (The problem seemed solved). That's why I started a new one.

If you want me to continue on that thread please tell me to do so.

Yes, I updated from GitHub
I looked up the settings:
I migrated the tables from Access, but I made the views from scratch in Mysql phpmyadmin
settings on local computer (to set up initial lists and forms)
Mysql 5.5
phpmyadmin 3.5.2.2

on test server (www.kvdorestad.nl/glupta)
Mysql 5.5
phpmyadmin 4.1.2

I have an idea: at this moment my database tables are in a different connection kvdor_glupta (so, in fact another database on the same server). Maybe if I change this and place my tables in the same database as Joomla/Fabrik and use the standard connection.

I'll let you know.

Sjoerd.

You may bump a thread (just post something like "friendly bump") to push it back to attention (if the last post is older than ca. 3 days it usually will be out of the queue).
And you should always mention such special setting like using a 2nd connection...

I'm closing this thread (you can do/undo it by (un)checking "open" in Thread Tools above) to keep all informations in one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back