List pre filter with menu and checkbox element

Hello,

I have a list that used to be pre-filtered using menus and checkbox elements before the migration to Joomla 4. Now, since the migration, it doesn't work anymore. No data is displayed. The screenshot below is the setting.

upload_2023-10-5_16-4-20.png

The element "scadenze" is a checkbox element. Any idea why?
Joomla 4.3.4
Fabrik Epsilon
Thank you

How does your checkbox settings / options look like?

@wezetel , this shoudn't be an issue as it shows the element label in the prefilters' dropdown and not the value.

Last edited:
Thank you for your suggestions. I tried them all, and the results still don't display like before. Remember, the same settings worked for years before I migrated to Fabrik Epsilon;).
The below screenshot is the Fabrikdebug.

upload_2023-10-6_10-55-6.png

The checkbox setting is nothing fancy.
upload_2023-10-6_11-3-18.png

Below is what I have at WHERE condition in the list GetData

FROM `j25_users`
LEFT JOIN `pagamenti` AS `pagamenti` ON `pagamenti`.`utente_id` = `j25_users`.`id`
WHERE ( pagamenti.saldo <> '0' AND pagamenti.rate2 = '0' AND (pagamenti.scadenze = '2' OR pagamenti.scadenze LIKE '[\"2\"%' OR pagamenti.scadenze LIKE '%\"2\"%' OR pagamenti.scadenze LIKE '%\"2\"]') )
ORDER BY `pagamenti`.`quota_asso2` DESC, `j25_users`.`id` DESC LIMIT 50

Is this looking how it should? Does it return records if directly put into phpMyAdmin?
Which values do you have (directly in the DB) for column scadenze

You are missing "SELECT *" from your PhpMyAdmin query. It should be:
SELECT * FROM 'j25_users' etc.

Menu pre-filter with exactly the same setup works totally fine on my test site. Are you sure your other (not checkbox) filters are not the issue. Remove all other pre-filter and only leave the "checkbox" one. Does it work then?

Yes, it works when I remove the other pre-filters, both text elements (decimal format). It is also still working with the second pre-filter; however, as soon as I add the pre-filter on the "pagamenti.novembre" (text element), no results are displayed. That is something that has always worked before the migration.

upload_2023-10-6_16-42-35.png

Do exactly the same steps with the novembre element. Remove other elements from the pre-filter and check the GetData part, then test this in PhpMyAdmin and see what you get etc.

Great it works now.
Regarding the pre-filter rules you have changed essentially various things:
  • For Scadenze you changed from 'novembre' to 'Novembre' (case sensitivity)
  • For Novembre you changed from 'Equals 0' to 'is null' (null and 0 are not the same)
  • For Saldo you now check for values greater than 0 (positive values), instead of values different from 0 (I don't believe this is the real problem).
This is just a summary what I can see between not-working and working :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back