Fixed List view display issue for repeat groups with single repeat

ghicar

There is a display issue for lists when you have a repeatable joined table that displays joined table elements with either "merge rows" or "merge rows and reduce data". The issue arises for databasejoin and dropdown elements (possibly more) when there is only one repeat. The list displays a border line underneath these fields but not others. See snapshot below:

Screenshot 2024-02-29 150340.png

In the above the row with three repeats displays ok, but those with a single repeat do not. the course_id element is a dbjoin element but the issue also occurs for dropdown element.

Joomla: 5.0.3
Fabrik: ver 4.0 release
PHP: 8.2.16
Issue occurs with template Cassiopeia and others.

Hi Ghicar

This looks to me like a thing you could solve with CSS: remove the border for the repeatable row or move it to top instead of bottom. You can do this in the user.css in your template (You might have to create it first). However, if you go for a border-top you will have the same issue, this time above the repeatable group line.

What I usually do is set any lines regarding the tables on 0px and use this to make the lists more readable:

tr.fabrik_row.oddRow1 {
background-color: #ddd;
}

You need to activate the stripped featrue in list layout option for this.

Kindly,
Lorenz

There's a difference in rendering different element types in merged rows in case of only one merged row.

Can you try components\com_fabrik\layouts\element\fabrik-element-elementlist-details.php
after
$d = $displayData;
add
$d->addHtml = $d->addHtml && count($d->uls)>1;

Many thanks for the responses. The code change advised by troester has resolved the display issue.

Lorenz, I also added your suggested css to the file ~/components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/bootstrap/custom_css.php

End result is much clearer (although i used #eee):
Screenshot 2024-03-01 093807.png

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back