Map Visualization - usual Woes

ranwilli

I have what I think is the perfect application for a Google Map Visualization...

I have a list of elder care caregiverswhich describes their capabilities, prferences, and addresses, including long and lat, and a field with the google maps plug-in, configured with the main city's long/lat as the center...

The list has 6 or 7 filters which limit the list according to the elder patient's requirements...

I would like to display a good sized Google map with all the caregivers on it, and then reduce the map as the filters are engaged...

The remaining display would be quite useful, because it would allow agency staff to consider the caregiver's proximity to the patient in selecting the caregiver...

All that seems quite "do-able", but I cannot get it to work... at all. The detail view of the list shows the google map with a "pin" placed at center, but does not show the data from its row at all. The large map in the Viz layout does not seem to be seeing any of the data from the list at all.

I looked at the tutorials (Version 2) on here, and beyond NOT using the Google Maps API key, I have followed the instructions as best I can.

Is anyone else successfully using this?

Would you be willing to have a look at mine to see what I'm doing wrong?

You don't need lat/long elements, you can configure your googlemap element to geocode the address information (city, zip, street, country...).

To display row information in the googlemap viz pins you must add the information you want to show in the "bubble template", you can use placeholders and HTML.

Google Map Viz issues

Thanks for your response, you are always helpful...

I made a couple of changes without success, and so am posting my settings here in order to get some further advice...

Attachments

• element_settings.jpg
    element_settings.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 177
  • viz_settings.jpg
    viz_settings.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 181
Seems to be ok at a first glance.
Editing your records, does the pin in the googlemap element switch to the right place if you modify the address and click "Geocode"? (you may set "Trigger..."=as you type)

As always: the content of the googlemap element is only filled if you are saving the record.
If you set the googlemap element to show in list view does it show reasonable values?

In the viz:
can you see at least one pin (maybe the same for all records) or nothing at all?

[solved]

THANK YOU!!!!

Using your suggestions, I finally grok this thing and am able to do precisely what I had envisioned.

I love Fabrik, and this community!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back