Migrating from server to xampp produces 500 error

Duke3D

Hi -
I am in need of a troubleshooting list for the following situation.

Production site with new Fabrik instance setup a year ago with half a dozen lists
and forms that work well, but are in need of some new features.
The usual Joomla updates applied in the course of a year.
Upgraded to Joomla 3.6.2 (including installer 3.6.1)
Upgraded to Fabrik 3.5 via Joomla updater.
Minor changes made and tested successfully - all queries work.
- The echo of a data array started unexpectedly appearing at the top of the form view, but was hidden via CSS.

Site backed up via Akeeba and expanded into XAMPP instance on Win10Pro.
New Fabrik connection for Xampp added and set as default.
Connection Test reports connection successful.

In the frontend, the menu link to open a list view results in a 500 error,
500 Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list Read and Score Applications: <br /><br /><pre>Could not connection to database</pre>

In the backend, Lists and forms display their items and can Display Details, but a click to View Data
displays the URL option=com_fabrik&task=list.view&listid=7 that reports the same 500 / connection error. Repeats for all Lists and Forms.

A check of the data table shows that all data was restored by the kickstart with no apparent change in structure. The production site is running PHP 5.3.36 (Rochen - no comment) the XAMPP instance is 5.5.11

So, how do I track this down? Thanks!

New Fabrik connection for Xampp added and set as default.
Don't add a new Fabrik connection.
You must edit the existing one (which is used by all your existing tables) and adapt the DB params.

Don't add a new Fabrik connection.
You must edit the existing one (which is used by all your existing tables) and adapt the DB params.
Thank - I'll give that a try. - Was just keeping the production settings to migrate back.

Worked perfectly - didn't know that record no. 1 was a magic number reserved for Joomla until alerts are displayed in edit mode.
Back in business. Thanks, Troester

Note to Hugh - a user advice at the top of list view for Connections would help prevent users from repeating my error. It came from trying to keep the production password handy for migrating back to production by creating a new connection for the localhost instance and thinking marking default would be a complete solution.

Back