Minor Bug: Pagination for forms in backend

VOI

Hi,

when displaying Fabrik forms in the backend, the pagination at the bottom of the page shows much more pages than existing.

In my case, there should only be 2 pages, however I see 9 entries in the pagination - s. first screenshot.

When selecting a number higher than 2, an empty page is diplayed - s. second screenshot.

It's not really bad, just strange.

Chris

Attachments

• forms_2.jpg
    forms_2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 204
  • forms_empty.jpg
    forms_empty.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 178
Hmmm, that is weird, and not something I've ever seen before on the Forms page, although I've seen something similar in the Elements list, which mysteriously came and went on one of my test sites.

As long as it doesn't become an issue, let's just let that one ride. I had a quick look at the query that builds that total, and I can see where it could potentially return a bogus total, as it joins a number of other tables.

So lets close this out, and just let us know if it actually causes problems.

-- hugh

For information, it's been there for a very long time. I mentioned it to Rob more about a year ago, and I guess I got used to it. In fact what happens is that it takes the same amount of pages than in the "Groups" page. That means that as long as you create "simple" forms, you usually have the same amount of groups and forms, so you don't see any pagination issue. but once you start creating more "complex" forms (like multi-page or tabbed foms), you start getting much more groups than forms, so the pagination "problem" appears.

And since we are talking about forms, a useful feature is missing (or not functioning): if you add a note in the form settings, it does not show in the tooltip when you hover the name of the forms in the main list (as it does for the lists). Would be nice to have that for sites with many forms.

Yup, that's pretty much the issue I suspected when I looked at the query, as it joins the forms_groups table. So it's something in this:

PHP:
$query->join('LEFT', '#__{package}_lists AS l ON l.form_id = f.id');
$query->join('INNER', '#__{package}_formgroup AS fg ON fg.form_id = f.id');

... in administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/form.php, in the getListQuery() method, if you want to have a play around with that and see what's going on.

Yeah, that would be nice. Shouldn't be hard, but I'm having serious issues with my development environment at the moment, which is slowing me down to a crawl trying to get anything done, or I'd whip that up for ya. Things should improve next week, when I'm hoping to get some new hardware in.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back