Minor Bug: Record not shown in details view if pre-filter in list and menu-item

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOI

Hi,

I trying to open a record from a Fabrik list which has both a pre-filter applied on its "Data" tab as well as in options of th menu item used to open the Fabrik list, the record cannot be opened and a error page is shown with the error message "Could not find this record".

As soon as you either remove the pre-filter in the list itself or in the menu-item to which it is linked, the record is displayed properly.

I solved this problem for me by removing any pre-filters on lists which I use in different menu items with different pre-fiters.

Chris

Prefilters are applied to the record, regardless of whether you view it in the list/form or details view, it's by design to avoid user's viewing data they are not allowed to see

Seems that I didnt not manage to make myself clear ;-)

So far my understanding was that if a pre-filter is applied to a list both in the menu-item settings as well on the "Data" tab of the list itself, then the pre-filter from the menu-item takes precedence and the pre-filter form the "Data" tab is ignored.
This works fine for the form view. However, if I try to print the form by clicking on the "Print" button and in this way opening the details view the error message "Could not find this record" is displayed. I guess the reason for this is that now the pre-filter from the "Data" tab of the list gets precedence. As soon as I remove that pre-filter the recored gets displayed in form and details view.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back