Module Pre-Filters adding to List

Byrd

I have a list. No pre-filters on the list itself. One menu item shows total list.

I set up a second menu item and add a list module. I add a pre-filter on the module.

I go back to my total list menu item, and it is using the same pre-filter.

I go into list, and low and behold, there is now a pre-filter on my entire list.

So, I delete the pre-filter from the list, the total list is fine again, and the module is fine (maintains the filter).

But every time I add a Menu Item List or Module List with a pre-filter, I have to then go back in to the main list and remove those filters.

Just weird. Am I missing something, or is this regular behavior?

Joomla 3.5.1 and Fab 3.4.3

Surely no regular behavior.
There was an old issue with module prefilters overriding list prefilters in the DB.

But I thought this was fixed - and I can't replicate. Even with a module with prefilter and a menu item with prefilter (both using the same list) displayed on the same site it's showing the expected results.

Is it only if you are adding a new menu/module? or also if saving an existing one?
Only one list/module or all?
Anything else special?
Which php version?

Are access infos in your-site?

Only if adding a new module or menu.

On all list/modules

PHP 5.5

It's using a filter of office(raw) = {$my->name} as text. So, element office(raw) is a databasejoin with a list of office names that are also the names given in the user setup, so a particular office logs in and see only their results.

It's not that big of a deal to get fixed. It's a live site and I can work around it for now. If you cannot get it to replicate at all, then I will give access.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back