Muliple Views, Same Table

nbradshaw

I have read some older threads that ask this question, but I would like to know if there is an official way to create multiple views for the same table.

For example:
I have a table that has columns A-Z shown on the table view, let's call this (technician view)
I want to have another view available for managers that will only show columns A,B,C (managers view).

I see that in 2.0, this feature is somewhat built in - is there an easy way to do this in 1.0.6?

In 2.0, it's dead easy.

To be honest, I've been focused so much on 2.0 for a while now, and I've forgotten the best way to do this in 1.0.x! I'll have to test and / or talk to Rob.

-- hugh

create a second fabrik table pointing to the database table created in your first fabrik table
This will create new form/groups/elements which you can set up to match your view

Just create a new Table in Fabrik, and point it at the existing table you already have a Fabrik table for. We'll then clone the form/group/elements. The elements will be "linked" by default, meaning if you change the original parent element, the close will change. But you can break this link and modify the clone independently if you want (when you try and edit a linked element, it'll tell you "this element is linked", but give you a checkbox to unlink it).

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back