Multi select filter values a to z

jh

Hi

Sorry if Ive missed a basic setting but my values for multiselect drop down filter are not showing in A to Z order? Is it something to do with the repeat group ordering that I can change?

Kind Regards

Hi

Thanks for your reply and pointing me to the right place. I have spent a while trying to get this to work properly however I think there may be an issue with the filter being used on a repeat group (the element I am trying to sort is a database join with multi select option.)

From what I can tell the filter values showing are currently arranged by parent ID/FK ascending from the repeat group (I could be wrong, this is a guess).

So, I am thinking that if the values from the repeat group are the FK IDs only then I will not be able to sort alphabetically this way.

If I am correct with the above, is there a way around this? I guess there could be a query that might work, but before I try that any advice/confirmation would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Sorry, you're correct, and {thistable} is referring to the repeat table with the IDs.
So, you should try replacing {thistable} with the "main" table, something like
Code:
1 = 1 ORDER BY `main_table`.`name_column`

Reactions: jh
Hi

I seem to have run into a bit of a problem with the above. This is working fine to present the filter values A to Z in list view (as hoped), however when trying to access the details page of a record, it returns:

Unknown column 'materials_and_manufacture.material_manufacture' in 'order clause'

The table and element refered to in the error message is what is being used to order the filter values. That is, it is the table that is used as the values for a multiselect drop down dbjoin.

I cant work out what I need to do to solve this and dont really understand what the error message is refering to.

Any further help or pointers would be very appreciated.

Kind Regards

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back