Multilanguage site

Hi In fabrik 3.0x the recommended way is to copy the form. The issue being with most translation tools is that they fail to translate things like sub-options which we store in the database as JSON strings.
In 3.1 Most of the form text can be overwritten with Joomla language overrides. So you would give an element a title of 'Name' and in Extensions->language Manager -> overrides you would supply a translation:

Language constant: Name
Translation: Nom
Language: French

In 3.1 Most of the form text can be overwritten with Joomla language overrides.

Nice! If this doesn't work with Fabrik3.0, I guess you would recommend to upgrade to Fabrik3.1/Joomla 3.0 first?

when I upgrade, I do it this way?
Upgrade Joomla to 3.0, then install Fabrik 3.1b, then upgrade form GitHub?
Should I to uninstal Fabrik 2.5?

NEVER uninstall Fabrik when you are upgrading/updating! You would loose all your Fabrik tables.
Backup your site, then upgrade like you wrote in your post.

I "think" the better way is

first update Fabrik (install 3.1b, then update from GitHub joomla3 branch)
then update to Joomla3

because Fabrik3.1 is running on J!2.5 and J!3 (but fabrik3.0 is not running on J!3, there has been a thread reporting serious issues with this combination)

In any case BACKUP before.

Presuming you have fabrik 3.0.x installed:

Backup :)
Upgrade Joomla to 3.0
Then upload the files from github's joomla3 branch.

I'm going to be migrating a site soon ish so I'll make a wiki page if I find other issues. If you do see any, the first thing would be to edit and save the list/form/elements to ensure that they've picked up any potential changes.

ok, just to make sure: there is no need to install 3.1 the official way, just the github update?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back