Multiple Page Form and Front End View

jo-ka

Hello.
I have a multiple page form working well. 6 pages.

Is there a way to, in the Joomla front end when i click the View icon of a record to have all records in the same page and not as multipage also?

This is, i do not have to click next and previous to see all the records. I still want to use the default or admin template.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, that's it.

I need to insert data page by page but i need to view the details in just one page. Do you think that with a template i can do it?

Yes - if the existing details bootstrap template does not put it in a single page, then a cut-down template could easily be created to put them all in a single page. Indeed, that would be a useful template to have as standard I think.

Dear Sophist, thank you for your reply.

I'm not so good on templating... but, i think, that, removing or changing some fields on a existent template could solve he question, but how?

Do you have a clue? Maybe Rob have...

BR

It is more difficult than you might think to create a template which only shows one page as the splitting into pages is done by JS rather than in the template (which is not good design).

The bootstrap_tabs template does it correctly, so basically I need to remove code from form.js and make the bootstrap and legacy templates produce correctly paginated HTML and then as a second phase create an unpaginated Details template.

It is more difficult than you might think to create a template which only shows one page as the splitting into pages is done by JS rather than in the template (which is not good design).

The bootstrap_tabs template does it correctly, so basically I need to remove code from form.js and make the bootstrap and legacy templates produce correctly paginated HTML and then as a second phase create an unpaginated Details template.

Well... ok.
You said "so basically I need to remove code"... are you saying that you're going do develop one? :D

Outside of the template, all the values etc. are set including in the code block the page definitions. So it is not easy to stop form.js from paginating the page just for one details template without fixing this first.

I will make this change eventually, but it is not going to be high on my priority list.

You can always copy your list, set the new groups without pagebreak and use a custom detail link pointing to the new details view.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back