Multiselect Dropdown Element Javascript Contains not working

Sounds like a bug 2me.
Until it can be fixed you can use this instead.
Just replace fabrik_list_name___element_to_hide with the id (element___name) of the element you want to hide - and change value_to_check to the selected option value that you want to match in order to trigger the hide.
Code:
var dbj_element = document.getElementById(this.baseElementId);
var hide_element = document.getElementById("fabrik_list_name___element_to_hide");
var hideElement = false;
for (var i = 0; i < dbj_element.length; i++) {
  if (dbj_element.options[i].selected && dbj_element.options[i].value=="value_to_check") hideElement = true;
}
if(hideElement) {
  hide_element.parentNode.parentNode.hide();
}else{
  hide_element.parentNode.parentNode.show();
}

Depending on the type of element you are hiding, that code might have to be changed - it all depends on how the container holding the element (and element label) is nested in relation to the element (i.e. the parentNode nesting part).

Using jQuery - you won't have to worry about that. So you can use this instead...
Code:
var selectedOpts = jQuery("#" + this.baseElementId ).val();
if(jQuery.inArray( "value_to_check", selectedOpts ) == -1 ){
  jQuery("#fabrik_list_name___element_to_hide").closest("div.fabrikElementContainer").show();
}else{
  jQuery("#fabrik_list_name___element_to_hide").closest("div.fabrikElementContainer").hide();
}

You also have to worry about the initial show/hide condition. So you may need to make 2 element javascript entries - on for on load and one for on change.

It's been my experience that when using jQuery, the on load event will accept 'this' as the current object - but it doesn't for any event after that (go figure).
So in a load event the first line would be
Code:
var selectedOpts = jQuery(this).val();

Edit the multi-select element. In the JavaScript option create a new 'Load' event and add the code where it says: Write your own Javascript code ...

Thanks Baur, tried both options, neither seems to affect the target element at all. I did change the element names and value as specified.

Any further thoughts?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back