Need a hand with a form I am working on for my company

mhas16

Hello there,

Sorry reposting this again in the appropriate section!
My other post is: http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32669

I wanted some help with a project I am working on for my company, it should not be complicated for you guys, but I am way over my head and I am running late too!

I thought the project would be simple for me, but i then realised that I shouldn't have subscribed to it in the first place!

I really need your help to make this work, it is not complicated or anything, i just can't figure out out to make it work correctly.

Basically, I have two forms, forms A and B.

Form A has only one group containing Patient Personal Information; ie: Name, D.O.B, Nationality, PID (UNIQUE), ...etc.

Form B contains two groups, first group is identical to the group in form A, and the second group is a radio button group to select one result.

The process should go as follows: Clerks access Form A to insert Patient Information and hit save. Then this data should automatically create a new record in Form B filling in the data of the first group only.

Then the doctors, use the List view of Form B to filter the records based on the unique PID, and then hit the edit link to be presented by the two groups, but the first group already has data in it from the submission of Form A by the Clerks and the second group is empty for the doctor to select the result and then hit save to save the record.

Once the record is saved, if the doctor tries to filter the same record again, based on the PID, he/she can only see the detail view and cannot redit it again.

Pretty much that's it, my only problem is how to make the link between Form A submission and Form B to create the record in it, and how to prevent the doctor from rediting the record again.

I can explain more if there is anything that needs explaining, just let me know if you can help me with this.

I will pay for the work and code you write, please consider this, I am really in a bad position right now and I really need help!

By the way, there seems to be a problem with the contact us page, it is giving internal server error message!

Thanks in advance,,
-Mustafa

hi
I'm moving this to the silver forum, as it would be covered under silver support and we look there a lot more frequently than in this board. So first of all sorry for the delay in replying!
Im not really sure why you have two forms, what is the purpose of the second form? Is it so that the doctor can review what was entered by the clerk and to approve it?

If so then I think you only need one form. Presuming that's the case:

So its first group is the same as you already have, and the second group contains a yes/no element called 'approved', defaulting to 0 and accessible only to the user group that the doctor belongs to.

Then set this form's list so that only doctors can edit.

Add a 'can edit row' plugin to the list, with the following settings:

• Element - 'approved'
  • Use Raw - yes
  • Value - 0
  • PHP (eval) -leave empty

This means that the doctor can edit the form, but as soon as he sets the record to approved=yes, he will no longer be able to edit it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back