Need help with a form

Hi

I have made a form and now i need to do the following with it:

1, restrict then number of time a given client can use it
ie. I use AEC Subscription Manager (Account Expiration Control Component - Version 0.12.6RC2o)

with the following Membership's setup

Bronze Membership (To Submit One form Only per Quarter )

Silver Membership (To Submit Upto 10 form Only per Quarter )

Gold Membership (To Submit Unlimeted form per Year )

2, I know I will need to go and ask AEC for the coding I need to pull the Membership detail but how would I code the rest?

Getting the membership details out of AEC wouldn't be hard. We run it, and as I recall the table structure is fairly obvious. It might not even need any database work if you already promote those members into different J! groups?

There is no built in way of doing this. Easiest way would be to customize a form template. Modify the main default.php, and wrap the whole thing in an if statement that checks to see what level they are, and counts their existing records.

Actually coding it would take half an hour or so, so it's not something I can just whip together. I can give you some tips if you need them.

BTW, when you say "per quarter", do you mean "in the last 90 days", or do you want to split the year up into the standard Q1 thru Q4 and count them that way? The latter is harder.

-- hugh

1, There is no built in way of doing this. Easiest way would be to customize a form template. Modify the main default.php, and wrap the whole thing in an if statement that checks to see what level they are, and counts their existing records.

2, Actually coding it would take half an hour or so, so it's not something I can just whip together. I can give you some tips if you need them.

3, BTW, when you say "per quarter", do you mean "in the last 90 days", or do you want to split the year up into the standard Q1 thru Q4 and count them that way? The latter is harder.

-- hugh

1, OK I will look at this?

2, I prob could do this but for quickness do you offer a paid service that I could use?

3, It would need to look up when the current membership started and ends then counts their existing records within that range?

if poss 2, would be good for me.

Yes, we do offer a paid service. Post a request in the Commercial Service -> Fabrik Projects forum, I'll respond there. Note that that forum is set so only you (the thread starter) and Staff can see the threads / posts (which is why the forum will look empty to you).

I'll respond to your other questions if you decide not to have us do it for you.

-- hugh

Hi
I am a bite stuck when I submit a form ever time just above the form header this shows
"Array ( [d] => 25 [m] => 02 [Y] => 2009 )"
and I just can not find it it must be a echo

could you point me in the right file to look in

I answered this one on your Projects thread.

I think you need to update to the latest SVN for 1.0.6.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back