new issue - emailing of the submitted form

oneduality

Thanks for the help on my previous issue, I ran into a new one that's important..

For some reason the submitted form does not e-mail all the fields..

Specifically, it doesn't e-mail all the name/address information ..

http://www.pfaudler.de/component/option,com_fabrik/view,form/fabrik,1/

This is the form ..

Any classes that are checked in the top two groups come through just fine, but anything submitted in the attendee section do not come through..

Furtheremore.. the subject isn't displaying correctly, but that's not as big of a deal ..

Settings:

Email Form To: <my private email>
Email From: <my private email>
Subject Line: Registration Received - {first_name} {last_name}

When I receive the e-mail, the subject is simply "Registration Received - "

And I get a line for every class chosen, with nothing else ..

The latest 1.x SVN...

In the previous post, the other bug I reported in the 1.x branch was resolved in SVN, so I'm literally running the latest bleeding edge 1.x SVN version there is ...

Rob solved my last issue, he was able to replicate it ... since he solved my last issue, I'm now further along and encountered this..

Is the data in the attendee section actually being recorded in the table?

Does this only happen when you have added a second or subsequent repeat, or does it happen even when you only submit one attendee (i.e. don't use the 'add' button)?

-- hugh

Does this only happen when you have added a second or subsequent repeat, or does it happen even when you only submit one attendee (i.e. don't use the 'add' button)?

-- hugh

I just checked, no none of the data whatsoever is not being recorded in the database.. could it be due to special characters? it generates no errors whatsoever ..

And it happens without having used the add button ..

Additionally - when I go in to the admin, under the table view... and I go to add a record that way, it doesn't actually add the record ..

it does say "record added/updated" but there's nothing there .. I tried this on both sites, the other site is english only with no special characters ..

-- hugh

I realize things are busy and you're playing catch up ... I do PHP development myself, I just normally prefer to let the developers of a project resolve any issues (if they exist) and stick to not touching the core code unless I have to, so I'm able to do normal updates :)

However, I'm under the gun big time this project so I'm am going to attempt to resolve this one myself, the fabrik codebase is a bit large so it's a learning curve to try to figure out where everything is ..

I would greatly appreciate any assistance ... where would I even begin to look for this particular issue?

i cant reproduce the error saving to the database.
Do you have a primary key set up for your table?
For the placeholders have you tried {tablename___elementname} its been a while since i looked at the 1.x code so I can't remember if we use that syntax or not.
For the debuggging you'll be looking at fabrik.class.php function processForm()

i cant reproduce the error saving to the database.
Do you have a primary key set up for your table?
For the placeholders have you tried {tablename___elementname} its been a while since i looked at the 1.x code so I can't remember if we use that syntax or not.
For the debuggging you'll be looking at fabrik.class.php function processForm()

Rob,

I had JUST "solved" this when I got your response.. yes the primary key was the culprit, but I was unable to set it to the fabrik_internal_id before..

The primary key on the table (in admin) is set to blank, I can't select the blank entry as I read in other forms for fabrik to use the internal id .. I had it set that way before so ASSUMED it was correct .. (see attachment)

I discovered this was the issue when I got an SQL error in admin ... and the select said

"where ='3'"

I knew there was a missing ID .. so I checked the forms table and saw no primary key, I manually updated it to say "fabrik_internal_id" and everything started working at that point.

Why was I unable to set the primary key in the admin? there's a dropdown with just a "-" in it, which is what I was setting it to.

For the placeholders, are you referring to table name as in the label? "Registration" .. or the actual database table .. which is formdata_1 ...

Guess I could try them both

Attachments

• fabrik2.jpg
    fabrik2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 247
Well guys

Only other thing for me is not liking the format of the e-mail confirmation when it comes to copied groups .. for example

Group is First Name, Last Name, Company ... Etc .. upon submission .. the E-mail looks like this

First Name : Lonnie
Mark

Last Name : Hull
Johnson

Company Name : TDH Marketing
Something, Inc.

Address : 1234 Street Drive
818 Road Lane.

It will be a bit confusing for the people who use it .. it'd be better if the e-mail split out the form group by block, print the first sub group, then the next subgroup, not intertwine them :) .. I will probably just advise them to use the admin and use "edit" on the submitted items, it shows elegantly that way.

OTHER THAN THAT ... Everything is working as expected now.

Thank you! - I just submitted my donation.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back