Next/Previous record links in detailed view

If I'm looking at a detailed view, I don't see a way to go to the next or previous item. I have to go out to the table view to select it.

How do I add that navigation to the top or bottom of the detailed view page?

hi

Edit the form, select the "templates" tab, select 'yes' for the 'Include scroll navigation' option

That will put in some links to scroll through your records using ajax to load the content

hth
Rob

nothing in the past month on how to do this?

If I don't follow up within a day or two, you can safely assume it has dropped off my radar. I struggle just to keep up with the day to day responses, and often loose track of older threads. I pretty much rely on folk reminding me they need an answer.

So feel free to bump any threads you are waiting for responses on after a couple of days. Don't leave it a month if you need an answer!

-- hugh

Hi,

I have the navigation added, but it's throwing an error in the javascript making it inoperable.

$("tableid") is null

then it points me to his line in the code.

var tableId = $('tableid').getValue();

Ok, I check my template code and looked at the source code from the browser. There is a tableid being set in the form.

Ideas on what I've done wrong?

i dont get this error - have you cleared your browser cache? i tested on a pc in firefox 3 and ie7

I see the data changing - but its getting outputted in a raw state - e.g. images are shown as the href and things like the "Type of Service" gets redrawn as "11" rather than 'Retail'

if you send me a list of what element types you are using for those I will try to fix the code to get them to display correctly

Rob

i dont get this error - have you cleared your browser cache? i tested on a pc in firefox 3 and ie7

I see the data changing - but its getting outputted in a raw state - e.g. images are shown as the href and things like the "Type of Service" gets redrawn as "11" rather than 'Retail'

if you send me a list of what element types you are using for those I will try to fix the code to get them to display correctly

Rob

Yeah, I've cleared cache but I still don't see the data change.

Here are my elements

picture_1 through picture_30 are file uploads.

project_name - text field
project_location - text field
client_name - text field
cost - text field
type_of_service_1 - database join
description - text area
slogan - text field

These aren't in the template right now, but I'll be adding them ASAP to display.
estimator - database join
project_manager - database join
project_engineer - database join
project_administrator - database join
superindendent_1 - database join
superindendent_2 - database join

I believe that's it.

I'll take a look at this at the same time as the other "view" issue. Just PM me some FTP account details so I can fix things directly for you

Cheers
ROb

form scrolling

Rob, are these comments for the 1.0 or 2.0 version? [ok found out its for 1.0]

I do not see this feature in the templates of the 2.0 version. Anyway would be nice to scroll through detailed view of a record. [question still open]

yup its one thing that didn't get transferred over to 2.0

I've added it as a ticket to get looked at after 2.0 stable is out

Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back