Next step in inventory management

rosede

Filipino Students First Foundation, Inc
Hello,

I need some help in figuring out the next step in my inventory management application.

I have a donor table, an equipment table and an application which is broken down into three tables, Applicant, School Contact Info and School Info.

I have shelves full of computer equipment, some in boxes ready to be shipped and equipment that has already been delivered to schools. The computers sitting on the shelves may be ready to be shipped or they may need to be built.

My ultimate goal with this application is to figure out what status this equipment is in, and how to manage it, but I'm not really sure how to proceed at this point.

I'm envisioning an application that when I add in a new piece of equipment via the Equipment form it sets a flag, perhaps in another table (or would this setting be best in the equipment table?), that indicates the status.

The status would be:
  • Received
  • Built (meaning its ready for shipping to a school)
  • Boxed (box ID of some kind set)
  • Shipped
  • Delivered
At this point in time, when I enter in a new piece of equipment, I select the name of the donor from the donors list. I'm thinking that when I box a piece of equipment for shipping, I should be able to select from a list of schools that have already applied, or if I don't have a school, just a status as "Boxed".

I hope this isn't to confusing and that everyone understands what I am trying to accomplish.

I appreciate any input and suggestions.

Thank you.

Daryl

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back