Old forms, groups and elements dissapear on adding new list

tadas

Hello everyone.

After adding a list A, configuring forms (buttons, messages, access groups) and configuring fields (setting sorts and filters) everything works well.

When tying to add new list B when list A exists in a system, list B is added, form, group and elements are created for list B but list A form, group and elements dissapear. Modules and menus, that displays lists or forms of list A are not working as well.

Table, that list is linked to, seems to be in tact. After everything is gone, list A must be deleted, re-created linking it to its old table and everything must be reconfigured one more time.

This issue is very annoying, please, try to fix it on next SVN :)

Thank You :)

Enviroment

SVN revision nr. 5397
PHP Built On Linux regcore 2.6.32-32-generic-pae #62-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 20 22:10:33 UTC 2011 i686
Database Version 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.10
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.9
Web Server Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
Joomla! Version Joomla! 1.6.4 Stable [ Onward ] 23-Jun-2011 23:00 GMT

When tying to add new list B when list A exists in a system, list B is added, form, group and elements are created for list B but list A form, group and elements dissapear. Modules and menus, that displays lists or forms of list A are not working as well.

I've seen similar behavior earlier, when using the original alpha, which was then updated to the latest svn. Usually I was able to get to list D, E, F before this behavior happened

Since Rob fixed the installer, I haven't been able to do a lot of work, (just installed the zip file from the ant build). But I plan on doing a lot of work on the sandbox this weekend, so I'll be able to confirm.

Theres an outstanding ticket on this one, as I have seen it happen, but I fear what you outlined as the steps to reproduce are not sufficient, or that other factors are needed for the bug to be produced.

I've just set up at test site using the latest installer and can not replicate.
Out of curiosity we're you using the package part of fabrik as well?

Rob, i'm quite a noob here, so i will just ask: where is latest installer located? I used the one from "downloads" section. Maybe everything works fine, but i just use old installer :)

hi well I need to make a new installer (mea culpa!) but the current code is in the svn, which if you are familar with ant you can build an installable zip at any time with the build.xml file.
I'll really try to get a new zip out tomorrow - theres a big sticky on my montior telling me it needs to be done!

-rob

Well, waiting for new installer then :) It would take me some time to get familiar with building install, so I'll just hope you will do that till tomorrow :)

Hi,

I downloaded the installer 19-7-2011 from the download section and I have the same problem.
When I added a second list, the form and the elements of the first list dissapeared, When I looked at PhpMyAdmin, it was deleted as well.

Then I updated to the latest SVN and tried again but I had the same problem.

Please check.

Thanks,

Denis

Please check

this just isn't happening for me as simply as you described. I think i will need to know exactly what element types you had in the first list, what group settings were used, how you created the second list etc.
Can you try to make a jing video of all the steps you went through to produced the bug and then supply me with ftp access and an admin account to your site.

thanks
Rob

It's ok Rob. It was my mistake. I made a clean installation again from scratch without updating to the latest SVN and works ok.
Thanks,

Denis

I finally replicated the bug today and was able to fix it.
Basically if list A has a database join element pointing to a database table B
and then you create a list from table B, all of table A's elements were removed

This has been fixed in the svn today though

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back