One list + two menu items with different preflter set = one normal and one blank page

Jaanus

Super Moderator
I have one list displayed under two menu items. Both menu items have different prefilter sets. Under one of them the list is displayed normally and prefiltered as expected.
But clicking on the second one the result is blank page. Without any php error (error displaying set to max). Using fabrikdebug the last thing in bottom that I see is the correct query that returns in phpmyadmin all expected results. They just aren't rendered. Joomla global debug doesn't show anyting.
This bug occurred during this month, I am pretty sure.

Have you tried to delete and re-create the non-working menu link?
Try first with no prefilter, then add one at the time.

Thanks, but it didn't work. And it seems to be caused by something else that just prefiltering. I removed the prefilters from the working menu item, but another one was still blank. Plus the fact that I have another such "pair" of menu items but they are both displaying data and prefiltering like expected...

Solved! Something in calc element caused it but what exactly - no idea. As I told chatting with developers:

I just tested whether I can open a new form for submission under this menu item. Yes, I could. Then I saw in repeated joined group 2 calc elements created earlier for some testing purposes. I believed that I removed them earlier with the corresponding db field - so I thought that they were just remained elements without db fields and that this fact caused the issue. OK, I deleted them forever without choosing to remove also from db (as I thought that I removed them earlier).
But when I looked at the db table, I saw that the 2 fields are still present.

And now the most interesting question:
if the 2 fields caused the blank page under one menu item
then why they allowed to see the data under another menu item? As you know, the list was the same!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back