Solved One Problem (Fabrik): Maintenance: Database

aijosh

Hello,

I upgraded J!3/Fabrik3 to J!4/Fabrik4.

I'm getting this error message on the Maintenance: Database page.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ''#__fabrik_ratings WHERE field = 'listid' AND UPPER(type) REGEXP '^INT([(][0-...' at line 1

Table 'site.pre_fabrik_packages' doesn't exist

How do I fix issue

Which exact J! version , PHP version are you on, which were the old ones?
Which exact Fabrik package did you install, from which old one?
What is Fabrik/Home showing?

Do you get the error when clicking on Maintenace/Database or when trying to "Update structure" on Fabrik?

Old = Joomla! 3.10.12
New = Joomla! 4.4.3

Old PHP = 7.4
New PHP = 8.1

Old Fabrik = 3.10
New Fabrik = 4.0

Fabrik/Home displays ok

Version: 4.0 (GitDate: 2024/01/3)​

February 2024
GNU General Public License version 3 or later; see software_license.txt
Copyright (C) 2005-2024 Fabrikar - All rights reserved.

==
Error is displayed as soon as I visit: administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=database
Same error on page after "Update Structure" with Fabrik still having a red "One Problem"

Placing mouse over "One Problem" tag displays the info below

One Problem
  • Table '\'et4cy_fabrik_ratings' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'listid' with type int. (From file 3.0.1.sql.)
  • Table 'et4cy_fabrik_packages' does not have index 'package_key'. (From file 3.0.5.sql.)
  • 44 database changes were checked.
  • 177 database changes did not alter table structure and were skipped.

Last edited:
Do you have any old files (beside 4.0-2023-05-27.sql) in administrator\components\com_fabrik\sql\updates\mysql

Do you get a tooltip when hovering over the red "One Problem"?

Last edited:
yes.

NameSizeLast ModifiedTypePermissions
3.0.1.sql153 bytesSep 7, 2021, 5:33 PMtext/x-sql0644
3.0.4.sql91 bytesSep 7, 2021, 5:33 PMtext/x-sql0644
3.0.5.sql219 bytesSep 7, 2021, 5:33 PMtext/x-sql0644
3.0.6.sql864 bytesSep 7, 2021, 5:33 PMtext/x-sql0644
3.4.sql921 bytesSep 7, 2021, 5:33 PMtext/x-sql0644
3.5.sql86 bytesSep 7, 2021, 5:33 PMtext/x-sql0644
3.6.1.sql129 bytesSep 7, 2021, 5:33 PMtext/x-sql0644
3.7.sql

Tooltip message
One Problem

• Table '\'et4cy_fabrik_ratings' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'listid' with type int. (From file 3.0.1.sql.)
  • Table 'et4cy_fabrik_packages' does not have index 'package_key'. (From file 3.0.5.sql.)
  • 44 database changes were checked.
  • 177 database changes did not alter table structure and were skipped.

Ok, can you delete all these files? They should not be there in F4.

I thought these files would be removed during installation. Did you see any error message during the Fabrik4.0 package installation?

Ok. Error message is gone now.

Does this apply to other sites?

I have a few of them and I'm noticing same pattern albeit with slightly varying error message.

WEBSITE B
One Problem
  • Table '\'las0i_fabrik_ratings' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'listid' with type int. (From file 3.0.1.sql.)
  • 4 database changes were checked.
  • 27 database changes did not alter table structure and were skipped.

WEBSITE C
One Problem
  • Table 'd7e3v_fabrik_cron' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'published' with type int. (From file 2.x-3.0.sql.)
  • Table 'd7e3v_fabrik_cron' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'params' with type TEXT. (From file 2.x-3.0.sql.)
  • Table 'd7e3v_fabrik_elements' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'show_in_list_summary' with type int. (From file 2.x-3.0.sql.)
  • Table 'd7e3v_fabrik_elements' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'params' with type TEXT. (From file 2.x-3.0.sql.)
  • Table 'd7e3v_fabrik_forms' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'params' with type TEXT. (From file 2.x-3.0.sql.)
  • Table 'd7e3v_fabrik_groups' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'params' with type TEXT. (From file 2.x-3.0.sql.)
  • Table 'd7e3v_fabrik_joins' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'params' with type TEXT. (From file 2.x-3.0.sql.)
  • Table 'd7e3v_fabrik_jsactions' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'params' with type TEXT. (From file 2.x-3.0.sql.)
  • Table 'd7e3v_fabrik_lists' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'params' with type TEXT. (From file 2.x-3.0.sql.)
  • Table 'd7e3v_fabrik_packages' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'published' with type int. (From file 2.x-3.0.sql.)

Yes, these errors are coming from the outdated update-sql files.
So please delete them manually.

I'll add a hint to check for old sql-files to the upgrade WIKI.
Maybe there's some issue with file delete access during the installation in some server setups.

Can you check if your folder
libraries\fabrik\libs
contains only a libs folder + libs.xml
(so getid3 etc are only in the 2nd libs folder)

Because the liberary structure has changed, too, and the old files and folders should be deleted.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back