Password eval

buildit

I have a situation where it would be nice if the password element plugin had an eval option. For instance, I have a form a user can fill out to log into the system. Once logged into the system the user fills out a form which describes a paper he has written, he can also add co authors. What I would like to do is when he adds co authors to the system the co authors will receive an email with their user name and a randomly generate password. So the main author just has to enter in name and email and the password field is hidden on this form. This way co authors can log into the system and see the status of the paper.

I would create one list for the main user registration and then copy this list to setup the author registration with the password field hidden. So if their was an eval function I could set it to something that would check to see if the field is empty and if empty create random number for the password.

You could probably do this with a couple of form submission scripts, although I don't fully understand your workflow.

Or perhaps you could use a PHP validation in 'replace' mode?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back