Payment options prior to Paypal plugin and IPN record

griffin

I have a calendar of training courses where public can select a particular course and register for it.

The registration process is a multipage form which first shows the course selected then after 'Next' has elements (name, address etc) that the person completes then after 'Next' has terms and conditions listed. After this the Submit option is to 'Register Now'.

I have added the Paypal form plugin to the form.

When 'Register Now' is clicked it takes to the Paypal screen, however I want to provide different payment options first (such as bank deposit, cheque etc) as well as the Paypal option.

Depending on the selection made the user will be given the information to pay by bank deposit or post cheque or taken to the Paypal screen, and their registration will be saved pending confirmation of payment (by whatever means).

The problem I am having is that I don't know how to present these different payment options and then have the user sent to Paypal only if the Paypal option is selected (rather than through the 'Register Now' - submit) and then how to have the Paypal IPN information stored against the particular registration.

Will appreciate any help here - Thanks.

Joomla 2.5.11 Fabrik 3.0.8

Attachments

• Screen Shot 1.png
    Screen Shot 1.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 196
  • Screen Shot 2.png
    Screen Shot 2.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Screen Shot 3.png
    Screen Shot 3.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 189
hi

I don't know how to present these different payment options and then have the user sent to Paypal only if the Paypal option is selected
if you haven't done so, create a dropdown called 'payment_type' with the payment options:

values: bank_deposit, cheque, paypal etc....

Then in your paypal form plugin you can use the condition field to decide if the paypal plugin should be run:

Code:
return '{register___payment_type_raw}' === 'paypal';

The IPN elements you select in the Paypal plugin should be auto filled with the IPN information when Paypal fires the IPN. I would make elements to match at least the payment, transaction id, and status IPN values

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back