performance problem

toschi

hello,

i created a database with fabrik with ~200 records, and the performance was pretty good. Yesterday I imported via csv from an other database 1500 records. Now the performance is terrible. Any suggestions about my mistake?

LG

I tried the mysqltuner script with the following output:

[--] Up for: 1d 0h 52m 5s (68K q [0.761 qps], 2K conn, TX: 185M, RX: 29M)
[--] Reads / Writes: 69% / 31%
[--] Total buffers: 3.7G global + 2.7M per thread (151 max threads)
[OK] Maximum possible memory usage: 4.1G (72% of installed RAM)
[OK] Slow queries: 0% (0/68K)
[OK] Highest usage of available connections: 3% (5/151)
[OK] Key buffer size / total MyISAM indexes: 3.4G/307.0K
[OK] Key buffer hit rate: 99.9% (461K cached / 591 reads)
[OK] Query cache efficiency: 72.4% (33K cached / 46K selects)
[OK] Query cache prunes per day: 0
[OK] Sorts requiring temporary tables: 0% (0 temp sorts / 4K sorts)
[!!] Joins performed without indexes: 2333
[!!] Temporary tables created on disk: 36% (7K on disk / 21K total)
[OK] Thread cache hit rate: 99% (5 created / 2K connections)
[!!] Table cache hit rate: 9% (292 open / 3K opened)
[OK] Open file limit used: 0% (20/2K)
[OK] Table locks acquired immediately: 100% (35K immediate / 35K locks)
[OK] InnoDB data size / buffer pool: 12.7M/128.0M

any Ideas?

We have sites with tables with millions of rows, so it's definitely something to do with your setup.

Do you have any cascading dropdown elements?

Do you have any join or CDD elements to other tables which you are using as filters on the list?

When you say "performance", do you mean just on list display? Or when submitting a form?

Try enabling J! debug. That will give you a profile section at the bottom of every page, which should include a bunch of information from Fabrik, with memory usage and timing info at various stages during page rendering. Copy and paste the profile data here, I'll take a quick loo see if there's anything obvious.

If it's slow list loading, the other thing you can do is enable Fabrik debugging (in the global Fabrik options), append &fabrikdebug=1 to the page URL. That shuld output a bunch of debugging in at the top of the page. if it's a slow ist load, find the "getData" section, which should show you a large query which is the one fetching the main table data. You can then copy that query, and get phpMyAdmin to "explain" it (google to find out how to "explain" a query), which should show you any obvious problems, like a missing index, etc.

-- hugh

We have sites with tables with millions of rows, so it's definitely something to do with your setup.
yes, I think so. So I wonder. No cascading dropdown elelments. With performance I mean, it takes a "while" to load the complete list. The search is very fast but when I click on clear filter (to show the complete list), it is loading for ~10 sec.

:confused:

Hi thankes for your answer, here is the output of the "list GetData:Artikeldatenbank":

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT `fab_artikel`.`id` AS `fab_artikel___id`, `fab_artikel`.`id` AS `fab_artikel___id_raw`, `fab_artikel`.`date_time` AS `fab_artikel___date_time`, `fab_artikel`.`date_time` AS `fab_artikel___date_time_raw`, `fab_artikel`.`fab_artikelname` AS `fab_artikel___fab_artikelname`, `fab_artikel`.`fab_artikelname` AS `fab_artikel___fab_artikelname_raw`, `fab_artikel`.`fab_beschreibung_kurz` AS `fab_artikel___fab_beschreibung_kurz`, `fab_artikel`.`fab_beschreibung_kurz` AS `fab_artikel___fab_beschreibung_kurz_raw`, `fab_artikel`.`fab_vorgangsnummer` AS `fab_artikel___fab_vorgangsnummer`, `fab_artikel`.`fab_vorgangsnummer` AS `fab_artikel___fab_vorgangsnummer_raw`, `fab_artikel`.`fab_beschreibung` AS `fab_artikel___fab_beschreibung`, `fab_artikel`.`fab_beschreibung` AS `fab_artikel___fab_beschreibung_raw`, (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(fab_bilder SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM fab_artikel_repeat_fab_bilder WHERE parent_id = `fab_artikel`.`id`) AS `fab_artikel___fab_bilder`, (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(id SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM fab_artikel_repeat_fab_bilder WHERE parent_id = `fab_artikel`.`id`) AS `fab_artikel___fab_bilder_raw`, (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(params SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM fab_artikel_repeat_fab_bilder WHERE parent_id = `fab_artikel`.`id`) AS `fab_artikel___fab_bilder___params`, (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(fab_files SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM fab_artikel_repeat_fab_files WHERE parent_id = `fab_artikel`.`id`) AS `fab_artikel___fab_files`, (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(id SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM fab_artikel_repeat_fab_files WHERE parent_id = `fab_artikel`.`id`) AS `fab_artikel___fab_files_raw`, (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(params SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM fab_artikel_repeat_fab_files WHERE parent_id = `fab_artikel`.`id`) AS `fab_artikel___fab_files___params`, (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(fab_aenderungsmeldungen SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM fab_artikel_repeat_fab_aenderungsmeldungen WHERE parent_id = `fab_artikel`.`id`) AS `fab_artikel___fab_aenderungsmeldungen`, (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(id SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM fab_artikel_repeat_fab_aenderungsmeldungen WHERE parent_id = `fab_artikel`.`id`) AS `fab_artikel___fab_aenderungsmeldungen_raw`, (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(params SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM fab_artikel_repeat_fab_aenderungsmeldungen WHERE parent_id = `fab_artikel`.`id`) AS `fab_artikel___fab_aenderungsmeldungen___params`, (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(fab_filesextra SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM fab_artikel_repeat_fab_filesextra WHERE parent_id = `fab_artikel`.`id`) AS `fab_artikel___fab_filesextra`, (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(id SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM fab_artikel_repeat_fab_filesextra WHERE parent_id = `fab_artikel`.`id`) AS `fab_artikel___fab_filesextra_raw`, (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(params SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM fab_artikel_repeat_fab_filesextra WHERE parent_id = `fab_artikel`.`id`) AS `fab_artikel___fab_filesextra___params`, `fab_artikel`.`fab_artikeluser` AS `fab_artikel___fab_artikeluser_raw`, `wfkhb_users`.`name` AS `fab_artikel___fab_artikeluser`, `fab_artikel`.`fab_artiklanderunguser` AS `fab_artikel___fab_artiklanderunguser_raw`, `wfkhb_users_0`.`name` AS `fab_artikel___fab_artiklanderunguser`, `fab_artikel`.`id` AS slug , `fab_artikel`.`id` AS `__pk_val` FROM `fab_artikel` LEFT JOIN `#__users` AS `wfkhb_users` ON `wfkhb_users`.`id` = `fab_artikel`.`fab_artikeluser` LEFT JOIN `#__users` AS `wfkhb_users_0` ON `wfkhb_users_0`.`id` = `fab_artikel`.`fab_artiklanderunguser` ORDER BY `fab_artikel`.`id` DESC

:confused::confused::confused:

Yup, that looks like a standard getData query - they are long!

I think the problem may be in those repeated join tables.

After your initial post, I had a look through some of my tables, and noticed that there may be an issue with us not creating indexes on the parent_id FK's when we create the tables for repeated groups. I'm working on tracking that down and fixing it.

Meanwhile, I suggest you use something like phpMyAdmin, and check that the parent_id in each of those joined tables has an index on it. If not, create one. Call the index something like idx_parent_id, index type BTREE.

That may well speed up the query.

-- hugh

Just FYI, I added the code to create indexes on the parent_id FK's when we create those map tables for the multi select join elements. if you update to the latest github, and then edit and save the any joins that are set to 'checkbox' or 'multi select dropdown', we should create the indexes for you.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back