1. Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.
    Dismiss Notice

Phone dropdown with country code and flags

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by aijosh, Jul 9, 2018.

1. aijosh

aijosh Member

Level: Standard
  2. troester

troester Administrator Staff Member

Level: Community
    I don't know your setup.
    But have a look at the databasejoin element with "fronend select" enabled.

3. aijosh

aijosh Member

I'm not clear about your recommendation. Please explain better.

As seen. I need to add tiny images to a dropdown in front of a phone element to indicate the country flag. Users would click the small dropdown which would expand into a searchable dropdown list with all country fllags, dialing codes and country names AND users can search either using their country name or/and dialing code.

See the Mobile element on this form http://nifsummit.com/register
    This is exactly what I want to achieve.
    I made that form with another joomla extension for sending emails and the element came with all the flags and country name by default.

I believe this should be the default behavior of the "phone" element in Fabrik (all online forms I've seen that collects phone numbers now use this format) but since it is not, I was trying to program it to work on Fabrik. No luck

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  4. troester

troester Administrator Staff Member

Level: Community
    There's no "phone" element in Fabrik.
    You can create a list with flag, country, code and "Search all" enabled for country and code element.
    Then create a database join element pointing to this list, in the "Add option in front end" tab set "Front-end Select" =yes.
    This will add a search icon to the element, if the user clicks it it will open the list, the user can search and select the country.

5. aijosh

aijosh Member

Ok. Thanks.
    I'll give this a try and revert if I run into any issues