PHP execution error following save method

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilb33

Good morning,
Please excuse my bad English.
Under Joomla 5.0, in a Fabrik4 form I execute a PHP plug-ins which generates a PDF document with the TCPDF library.
If I include the PHP code in the "PHP code code to execute when sending the form" window, its execution gives me a fatal error (see attached screenshot)
On the other hand, if I declare the PHP code in a file, it executes perfectly. There is therefore a difference depending on the method of defining the PHP code to be executed in a plug-ins.
Sincerely
Gilbert

Attachments

• Capture d’écran du 2024-02-03 10-22-23.png
    Capture d’écran du 2024-02-03 10-22-23.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Capture d’écran du 2024-02-03 10-22-11.png
    Capture d’écran du 2024-02-03 10-22-11.png
    87 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Are you defining a class inside your php code? That would do it. With F4 we take all php code and encapsulate in a class so that it isolates the Fabrik code from anything you might be doing in your code. If you really need it in a class can you pull the class code out into a separate php file and then include it in the code you are running inside the "PHP code to execute when sending a form" window.

Good morning,
Thank you achartier for your response.
Indeed in the code, I define a class which explains the error and corresponds to your analysis.
You just have to know that, that's all, it's not a problem to put the entire code in a file.
Sincerely
Gilbert

In general, unless the php code is short and simple, it is always better to place it in a file. I have a folder on my sites called custom_scripts and in there I keep all of my custom code and reference it as need in the various places inside Fabrik. I also have this directory contained on git so I can track changes on it over time (and restore if I need to).

Glad you got it sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back