PHP List Plugin with modal form

I have a feature I'd like to implement using PHP List Plugin. I have the code to transform the list of IDs into a list of values for my function (I'm sending an outbound SMS via Twilio ) but I want to gather some additional text from the end users before executing the function.

So I need to popup a modal form to gather this text *before* I loop through the list of phone numbers.

I can probably implement this from scratch using Jquery/ JqueryUI but I wanted to see if there's a nice example sitting around that leverages fabrik / joomla to reduce the coding.

Should I keep going down the PHP Plugin Path ?

Or should I try to hack up the email plugin (which kind of does what I want only with WAY too much functionality/complexity)?

Or is there a better plugin to hack up?

I think you could get away with a copy of the list php plugin.
You would need to re-write the php.js file, so that in its buttonAction() method you would write the js to:

* build the window to ask for the additional info (you can get some idea of how to build that from the email list plugins email.js file (Info on the window class is here http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/javascript-window-class)
* Observe the additonal info submit button and when pressed call this.list.submit('list.doPlugin')

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back