Placeholder Syntax

peterk900

I am having problems when I qualify the records appearing in a list.
{fabrik view=list id=2} works fine.
{fabrik view=list id=2 ParishContactsC___ID=2} or
{fabrik view=list id=2 tblParishContactsC___ID=2} still lists all records. I can't remember is it the list name or the db_table name ? - but I've tried both and niether filter.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Peter

The element name should of course be table_name___element_name (not list name)...
This is also my experience that filtering with content plugin code doesn't yet work in Fabrik 3.
You may want to
make a special copy of this list for displaying with content plugin and then s
et the prefilter in list admin to id=2 . This method worked for me.

It's working fine on my site.

{fabrik view=list id=2 xxx___yyy=2}
xxx___yyy is the full element name (=DBtablename +3 underscores + element name, best is to copy/paste from the element list)

Make sure you have no formatting tags or additional spaces inside {}

what is editor are you using? Some editor add an tags like <p>, I am not sure but it may be needed <div> or <iframe> on the html source code ? If this woud be somthing of hint.

The editor was TinyMce. I've tried with no editor and the filter still fails.
I've tried

• Using the Fabrik sample data table
  • Cutting and pasting the string from the elements list
  • Just the placeholder on the page and then with HTML above and below
  • A filter that should return records and one that should not
None of these cause the filter to work.

Troester's comment is interesting - must be some set up or code upgrade that he has which I have not. Suggestions welcome !

In the meantime Jaanus's suggestion seems a good workaround. But its a little more complex for my current need ( synced form and list on the same page). But I suppose the pre-filter string is stored in a db table somewhere and it should be possible to change that.

Thanks.

Peter

I'm running the latest (or nearly latest) GitHub version.

You can enable fabrikdebug (in fabrik options) and then append &fabrikdebug=1 to your URL

You can filter on URL parameters, e.g.
index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=122&param=abc
with
{fabrik view=list id=2 xxx___yyy=[param]}

How do I download the latest Fabrik 3 version ? I've followed the SVN tutorial which shows a download from Fabrik_Fabrik2 - with a user name and password. Presumably I want Fabrik_Fabrik3 for v3 ? But the user name and password for Fabrik2 don't work.

Am I on the right track - and if so what are the user name and password ?

Thanks

Peter

Thanks - I've updated 3.0.5-399.

But still no joy with the placeholders ! Why does it work for troester ? Is there anything else I can check or try ?

Peter

Did you try the fabrik debug?
You should see the generated SELECT when clicking on "list GetData"

Yes I've enabled debug on Lists. But (sorry if this is a silly question..) where is "list getdata"? I'm simply placing the {placeholder} in an article and hoping to see the list filtered. Just like it does in Fabrik 2.

Nothing extra shows in the url in debug mode.

Peter

Display your article
add &fabrikdebug=1 to the URL (or ?fabrikdebug=1 if it's the first parameter)
this will display a bunch of debug info, click on the row "list GetData: your-list" and check if the SELECT has a WHERE part

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back