Placeholders in articles for form Email plugin

I have a form using the email plugin which gets the email content from a Joomla article. In the article I am using a $their placeholder. But it has stopped working. In previous tests it has worked correctly inserting the proper column element from the #__users table. Now instead the email that is sent is explicitly showing the {$their->...} rather than properly evaluating it.

I have 'Run Plugins' set to Yes in the email plugin Options.
I also am using the {$their->...->email} to set the email address in the email plugin and that's working fine.

What could I possibly have changed to cause the article content to no longer be eval'd?

A typo? e.g. a blank or HTML tag or non-visible character inside {} (check with code editor)
URL params set correctly?

I just copied the exact code (article in JCE in code view) to the email plugin's Message Text field. And this works fine. So the {$their->...} is correct. It just is not being eval's when coming from the article. I THOUGHT I had tested this after moving the HTML code from the Message Text field to the article, but maybe not. So, at least for the short term, I've got something working by having the HTML in the Message Text field rather than the article. I still would prefer to get it to work from the article.

Should the {$their->...} placeholder work inside the article? I'm referencing the specific table and element where the user_id is. So it is not using a URL parameter at all. I thought it might have to do with the Access on the article, but that wasn't it either. The article content was being sent, just not Eval'd.

Do other shortcodes work (e.g. from other components/plugins)? Does it work if you display the article with a menu item?
Could it be that it's an issue coming from JCE? I don't use JCE much and if, then I've never used a shortcode/placeholder in it, but I remember (vaguely) having read something about an issue with its "protect shortcode" feature under certain conditions... though TBH I don't remember what exactly it was...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back