Placeholders in List Links and Labels

Do placeholders work in List Links and Labels (Fabrik: Lists: Edit: Links)?

I have a list where I'm trying to control the ItemId with a menu_id field, so the proper menu and modules are selected. This is the Custom detail URL for the list: /index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=2&Itemid={model_series___menu_id}. I've also tried {model_series___menu_id_raw}

I also have a Detail label: {model_series___series_name}.

The URL has no value for the Itemid parameter and the Details label shows the original placeholder.

I'm using the latest Fabrik from GitHub.

Placeholders seem to work for me.
Might it be that your series_name element is not shown in the list? If its not then edit the element and ensure that
"include in list query" is turned on
(if you want the formatted version of the element's data in the non-raw placeholder also turn on "always render"

Thanks, Rob. "Include in List Query" fixed the Custom detail URL.

It does not appear the placeholder substitutions work for any of the labels for List: Links. To confirm placeholders don't work in labels, go to Fabrik: Lists: Edit Any List: Links. Set the Detail label to {lang}. View the list data. Hover over the View icon and the tooltip will be {lang}.

Indeed, we never have done placeholder replacement on those labels, not sure why the tolltips said we did. Probably copied and pasted without engaging brain.

So ... I've added it, and it seems to work. However, I noticed that we use the same methods and params to set the title of the popup window when using AJAX-ified links. And because that's done just once in the view and added to the JavaScript options for the list class, it's not "per row", there is no row data available. So if you use row data in the placeholders, those popup window titles will look funky.

However, I'll burn that bridge when we come to it (as my mother used to say).

It's in github as of:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/ecb4f906c2e90b4ce4e9bdbf63993b20f3969c2f

(and the next two commits fixing bugs I introduced in that commit, LOL!)

-- hugh

Back