Please can you help on this error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty10

Hi All,

Please can you help with the warning below. Lastest Github version downloaded on 26/10/11. This is shown in both front and back end table views.

Warning
: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: unrecognized character after (? at offset 6 in /home/fhlinux189/s/**************.co.uk/user/htdocs/joomla17/components/com_fabrik/helpers/string.php on line 222

Joomla version 1.7.2

These are the element types used in the lists i currently have set up,

internalid, textarea, field, date, databasejoin, yesno & dropdown.

The error is shown when the viewdata option for the relevant list is selected in the back end or if the list option is used when creating a menu item for the front end

This may be down to your element or list names, which doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a bug.

Do your elements have any unusual characters or spaces in them?

Some of the element names have an "_" in them, which seems to be normal for fabrik which is where a space would be in normal text. I am running an identical setup in j1.5, same tables, elements, labels etc with no issues

Cool, that last bit of info suggests it maybe a bug then.

This may be something one of the guys can look at and immediately see the problem, however it may help if you could do the following.

Disable all the elements from list view and enable them one by one refreshing your 'view list' in between.

This would help identify if it's a particular element type that's causing the issue, or at least a particular label name. The latter probably being the unlikely one as it sounds like your using correct naming conventions.

Not sure if this task is a waste of time or not but it may save the guys some time on diagnosis.

OK, i have removed all the elements across the four lists so that they are not shown in the list views and even gone as far as unpublishing all of the elements. When the viewdata link is selected for the relevant list, no data is displayed as expected but the error remains.

I can't duplicate this one..... I'm doing an update later on one of my sites so I'll see what happens.

I'm not sure how that errors being generated - its to do with parsing the current page's url to check for the group_by variable. What URL is your list loading on? What sef settings do you have?

I've tried to add some additional checks to the code that calls that method, the changes are @github, however like felixcat I can't produce it myself so its hard to test

Yep I see it, I saw some pretty monster fish as well! :D

Have you tried updating to the latest git? I noticed the change Rob mentioned was only applied 3 hours ago.

Have just updated to the latest git, and the error has now gone. Thanks for looking at the site. Many thanks to yourself and Rob for looking at this.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back