Positioning -- List Adanced Search pop-up screen

jameslam

Hi,

I refer to this link
http://demo2.itutor.sg/index.php/fb-tutors

If click on "Advanced search", the popup screen (for advance search) goes to top-left corner. The issues are:

1. it goes to the very left side of the screen that I can't see "Element" field (and "Apply" / "Clear filters" buttons)
2. if I use blackberry phone (smart phone) to do this, I'm not able to see "Condition", "Value", and "Delete" columns.

How to resolve it?

Which browser?
It's working fine on a small firefox window and also on Android Chrome (you can scroll/move the advanced search popup).
Not sure if every smartphone browser is working correctly.

But yes, the advanced search is still using a HTML table and so it's not really responsive.

checked three browsers--
firefox: okay :) the popup won't go to the maximum left, just a bit left than main screen
chrome: okay:p and better than firefox to my opinion
IE: the trouble maker:mad:

yup can drag it out in big a screen to show all columns, but additional drag action is not IE user-friendly (time to say byebye to IE but there are still many folks using it)

iPhone and Samsung phone yes can drag to show right site columns but blackberry Bold (with touch screen functions) can't drag right site fields out (just dragging the popup screen smaller or bigger a bit, byebye to bb)

using my just-learned "inspect element" tools, this popup is defined as below
class="fabrikWindow modal" id="advanced-search-win1_com_fabrik_1" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 735px; height: 434px; position: absolute;

Can the style portion be modified?

I have a similar concern on my site (J3.3.3 F3.1 very recent update) :
FF : fine
IE : only the bottom of the window is shown. Can't get access to the move nor close links.
Chrome : similar to IE but let us show more (window is a bit lower).

Is there any other solution than trying to change the window position in the css in order to display it in a more central position ?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back