Possibility of WYSIWYG in form comment plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugh no worries.

I left WYSIWYG enabled on the live site, but it's still not working. Here is another interesting find:

In Incognito mode the js source files are not found (not listed in the folder tree to the left):

But in Chrome regular the js source files are listed and found:

In both cases the WYSIWYG form does not work on the live site, yet working just fine on the dev site which is a replica of the live site.

Last edited:
Further findings show that the browser can't reach the javascript file on the live site, but can on the dev site. What I mean is as follows, notice how here on the live site I get a 404?

But here on the dev site, using the same path it works fine:

Double checked and triple checked that the required files are on the live host:

I even re-ran a github update just now to make sure 100% the files are there and up to date.

Last edited:
I'm now pretty much convinced the issue is with the site not being able to load the JS file, I ran a debugger at it displays "FabrikComment" undefined, this var is in the JS file. The same var is defined on the dev site and the JS file is loaded properly.

Last edited:
Now I'm getting 404 not found. Have you actually checked to make sure the files are there?

It's loading all your other JS files just fine, it's only those two in the comment plugin folder it can't load. Are you sure you uploaded them correctly? Or that you didn't mess up the permissions on them?

-- hugh

Hugh I just JUST now fixed it..

The files are and were always there. The problem was when I extracted the github file the folder permission for "comment" folder changed to 700, instead of 755.

Banged my head for the past 12 hours trying to fix this, lol.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.
Back