Possible DB connection fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

biscotto

Hello, after trying the 2b version I subscribed and downloaded the 1.06.
I did a fresh joomla 1.05b installation (in a subfodler) then I installed the latest version of fabrikar.

I installed the sample data successfully but something is going wrong.

When I try to "show database" (attach 1) I receive a blank non-formatted screen with the fabrikar's header only (attach 2). Same thing happens when I try to create a menu entry from the form page (attach 3).

I think this should be an easy issue but I do not see any solution. In my opinion it could be due to a wrong collation translation on mysql.
Before Install an english version of J! I will be glad to hear from you.

my 1.05b J! install is in italian
mysql db is 5.0.32 (and it wotks with J! 1.5+fabrik 2b)
MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
MySQL connection collation: utf8_general_ci

Thanks in advance
Marco

ps: I did not installed J! sample datas and I'm using the default template (back and frontend).

Attachments

• step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 296
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 323
  • step1b.jpg
    step1b.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 314
This is quite sad because I do not have access to php.ini and now the limit is set on 32MB :(

Thought that Fabrik 106 could run as the 20b runs on my host.

I'll try to ask em for this little change but I think they will not change it for me.

Tell me what could I try more and if I can close this thread resigned :(

It may not be a memory issue, but that's the first thing I'd check. Have a look in your web error logs, you'll probably find some useful error messages in there.

-- hugh

thanks for the answer

all I can retrieve from joomla debug was:

"Notice: Use of undefined constant _RIGHT_JOIN - assumed '_RIGHT_JOIN' in /home/mhd-01/www.---.it/htdocs/apps/administrator/components/com_fabrik/admin.fabrik.html.php on line 153

Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /home/mhd-01/www.---.it/htdocs/apps/offline.php on line 25"

It looks like theres a problem with the db... :(

I mean look at your actual web server error logs, thru whatever control panel software your site uses.

-- hugh

update:
I tried some versions of J! in different languages and tried to delete and create db some times.
It did not work on my host (probably for the 32MB memory_limit only).
Thay cant change the parameter and cant give me any kind of logs.

So, I moved to J! 1.5.8 + Fab2.03b and it seems to work correctly.
I hope it will work with rc and final version too.

I will close this thread tomorrow morning (GMT) to let you read it. ;)

Being a Super Being (Verily, Almost a Minor Deity), I can read/reply to closed threads.

Closing.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back