Prevent COM_FABRIK_LIST_JOIN_NO_PK_USED_ID error with lists joined to views

p38

Hi All,

How do I disable this error message whenever a list is rendered or a filter cleared?

I understand the warning message in the backend, but cant understand why it needs to be shown in the front end.

I have a list and have joined a view onto this. I am happy my join is correct and works perfectly.

However, I cant seem to get rid of the message, and there are no "Suppress mesages" option as we have with a form.

Any have any good ideas? (I cant event use the list php_events plugin)

Paul

I tried to replicate...
What are your settings? Joining what to where?

The message is thrown with the comment "// probably a view which hasn't been added as a list, try Final Desperate Hail Mary, see if 'id' exists"
so maybe adding a Fabrik list (all access readonly etc) pointing to the view will help

Thanks troester for reply.

I must confess, the view is not part of a list, and the reason being it has over 100 fields, and really was not keen to make that a list.

The view is actually a subset of the main db, which is a list, and I used this so I could left join some additional fields merely to display in the list and form,

Let me add that to a list, and see if that solves the problem and will let you know.

Linking a new list to an existing table/view will create all elements automatically so it's an easy task.
You can then unpublish (or even delete) all you don't need.

Thanks Troester, adding the view to a list worked. Altho the left join is selected via the db table, it seems fabrik does a reverse lookup to find the list associated in order to get a PK.

I reduced the view to minimize the number of fields.

In case anyone is interested, I do a left join on a view, with no repeating rows on a view of the same table, but the view consists of many calculated and date formatted fields, which saves me having to created calc fields all over.

In this way, I can simply format and/or calculate derived fields in the view, and it will appear as additional fields in the main fabrik list.

Dont forget to disable the "Save to database" option in the elements

Thanks for help troester

Paul

Hi Paul,

I did something very similar, joining the View to The list, indeed mostly to compress the number of records.

Renaming customer_id -> id in my view did the trick to suppress the message. It would be helpful if you could add a where clause on the list though.

Thanks troester as well

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back