Problem: cannot send email from list

sales2010

Hello,

I try to use the email plugin from list, but it doesn't send any email:

When i click on "email" button i see a popup with message: "Email 2 records", the field where i can select the email element and the message.

But when i press Send button, the result is:

and i don't receive any email and the "Update" field is not updated

Also, when i add a condition to plugin, i get this error:

Code:
getData:Unknown column 'r' in 'where clause'

WHERE ( `aplicatii_coduri_deblocare`.`vendor` = '18' ) AND ((`aplicatii_coduri_deblocare`.`id` IN (6,8)) AND (r))

the condition is:

Code:
return '{aplicatii_coduri_deblocare___ok_vf_service_raw}' == 'Terminal deblocat';

Thank you

Did you read the tooltip on the Condition?

Condition::A SQL 'where' statement which determines if the record can be sent e.g. 'table.element <> 1'

You are trying to use a PHP expression, not an SQL 'where' clause.

Can you post a screenshot of the full settings you are using for the plugin? I'll see if I can duplicate the problem.

-- hugh

sorry, i didn't read the tooltip, i assumed i should add the condition like usual :(

But i still get an error using a condition like this (i hope it's ok now :) )

aplicatii_coduri_deblocare.ok_vf_service = 'Terminal deblocat'

getData:Unknown column 'a' in 'where clause'

Code:
WHERE ( `aplicatii_coduri_deblocare`.`vendor` = '18' ) AND ((`aplicatii_coduri_deblocare`.`id` IN (6,8)) AND (a))

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 324
I can confirm this:
2 records checked, with condition (WHERE 1=1) I get SQL error
getData:Unknown column 'w' ...WHERE (`b_model`.`id` IN (27,31)) AND (w)

Without conditions the popup opens saying email 2 records (correct), but it's sending only one mail to the first record (saying 1 email sent)
It's possible to send an email to every single record, so it's no error in e.g. mail address.

@sales - sorry, didn't mean my comment about the tooltip to sound quite so patronizing! Just a gentle reminder.

OK, try editing ./plugins/fabrik_list/email/email.php, and comment out line 179 thusly:

PHP:
		//$cond = JArrayHelper::getValue($cond, $renderOrder);

It looks like that never got updated for changes in 3.0, where the $params are already whittled down to just the current "render order" (where you have multiple plugins), so that line ends up just selecting the n'th character of the string.

-- hugh

This fixes the condition issue but it's still sending only one email for the first checked row.

Thank you, the modification has solved the problem with "condition", but in my case, i cannot send mail even for one record. I can "mass mail users" from Joomla...

I found a similar this thread here:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28576

Even if it doesn't work for me when i made those modifications
(i get the message: "Notice
None of the selected records can be emailed")

but might be a good start point?

Notice
None of the selected records can be emailed
This I get if my condition (b_model.mail<>'') isn't true for at least one selected record, so check your condition.

Placeholder (as mentioned in your link) in email-to field is working (the popup is showing placeholders in "To" and "Message", both are substituted correctly)

ok, i completely removed the condition then i tried with and without _raw, with my email address, no email received (see attached images).

Troester, can you post a print screen of your settings, please?

Thank you

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 275
  • Clipboard01a.jpg
    Clipboard01a.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 270
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 284
Here you are (very similar to your settings): I've checked 5 records, only 2 containing an email address.
So the popup detects correctly 2 emails to send, but it's sending only one.

It's working (so far, only one email) with placeholder, direct email address and user select element.
Attachments no/yes doesn't matter

It's a simple list, do you have something special, e.g. repeated groups...

Attachments

• fabrik-list-mail.JPG
    fabrik-list-mail.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 291
  • fabrik-list-mail-popup.JPG
    fabrik-list-mail-popup.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 268
hello,

can't make it work even after update. it doesn't send any mail no matter what options i select in plugin (static email, placeholder, select from dropdown list).

I can send mail using email plugin in fabrik form...

@troester: it's a simple list, no join

it properly count the number of selected rows (Email 3 records) but at the end, the message is :

and no email received.

somehow out of topic: when i try to add the same plugin again, i see the message "Not found" in every input field (see attached image)

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 280
ok, i use firebug to get more information, but i don't know where to look or what to search.

this is the response visibile in "Net" area in Firebug (note: the email is correct in application) for POST index.php:

Code:
list_email_to	myaddress@gmail.com
subject	TEST EMAIL
option	com_fabrik
controller	list.email
task	doemail
tmpl	component
renderOrder	0
id	129
recordids	,
Sursa
-----------------------------41184676334 Content-Disposition: form-data; name="list_email_to" myaddress@gmail.com -----------------------------41184676334 Content-Disposition: form-data; name="subject" TEST EMAIL -----------------------------41184676334 Content-Disposition: form-data; name="message" Test TEST TEST. -----------------------------41184676334 Content-Disposition: form-data; name="option" com_fabrik -----------------------------41184676334 Content-Disposition: form-data; name="controller" list.email -----------------------------41184676334 Content-Disposition: form-data; name="task"

It might be because there is no value here?

<input type="hidden" value="," name="recordids">

somehow out of topic: when i try to add the same plugin again, i see the message "Not found" in every input field (see attached image)
Confirmed.

It's running better now at my site (I don't know if there has been any GitHub modification)
checking 3 rows, email element containing mail1,mail2,mail3 (all valid emails);
email plugin has the same email placeholder in "To" and inside the message;

It's seeing 3 emails to send and it's sending 3 emails (ok), but
email1: To = mail1; message =mail1
email2: To= mail1,mail2; message=mail2
email3: To= mail1,mail2,mail3; message=mail3
:confused:
My firefox Net info
list_email_to {b_model___mail}
subject test mail mit placeholder 3mail je an{b_model___mail}
message text mail mit placeolder {b_model___mail}
option com_fabrik
controller list.email
task doemail
tmpl component
renderOrder 0
id 48
recordids 1,2,4

ok, i think i found the problem: if id (PK) is not visible in list ("Show in list"), then the email is not sent :)

ok, i think i found the problem: if id (PK) is not visible in list ("Show in list"), then the email is not sent
I did the same , and I can still send mails. Could you PM me a login and ftp to your site, then bump this thread so that I can take a look at what's happening?

thx
Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back