Problem with Advance Search and Search All

blackfire43

Updated Fabrik to 3.6 and Joomla 3.7 and now my Advanced Search and Search Box for the list are not working. Trying to track it down and see where the issue might be, it appears that the Loading box and the Advanced Search box will not display. The modal box will not load. I did come across this portion of code that seems to be the caller causing the issue:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">{"joomla.jtext":{"COM_FABRIK_LOADING":"Loading...","COM_FABRIK_PREV":"Prev","COM_FABRIK_SELECT_ROWS_FOR_DELETION":"Select some rows for deletion","JYES":"Yes","JNO":"No","COM_FABRIK_SELECT_COLUMNS_TO_EXPORT":"Select columns to export","COM_FABRIK_INCLUDE_FILTERS":"Include filters:","COM_FABRIK_INCLUDE_DATA":"Include data:","COM_FABRIK_INCLUDE_RAW_DATA":"Include raw data:","COM_FABRIK_INCLUDE_CALCULATIONS":"Include calculations","COM_FABRIK_EXPORT":"Export","COM_FABRIK_START":"Start","COM_FABRIK_NEXT":"Next","COM_FABRIK_END":"End","COM_FABRIK_PAGE":"COM_FABRIK_PAGE","COM_FABRIK_OF":"COM_FABRIK_OF","COM_FABRIK_RECORDS":"records","COM_FABRIK_SAVING_TO":"saving to","COM_FABRIK_CONFIRM_DROP":"Do you really want to delete all records and reset this tables key to 0?","COM_FABRIK_CONFIRM_DELETE_1":"Are you sure you want to delete this record?","COM_FABRIK_NO_RECORDS":"No records found","COM_FABRIK_CSV_COMPLETE":"CSV export complete","COM_FABRIK_CSV_DOWNLOAD_HERE":"Download here","COM_FABRIK_CONFIRM_DELETE":"Are you sure you want to delete %s records?","COM_FABRIK_CSV_DOWNLOADING":"CSV file downloading","COM_FABRIK_FILE_TYPE":"File type","COM_FABRIK_ADVANCED_SEARCH":"Advanced search","COM_FABRIK_FORM_FIELDS":"Form fields","COM_FABRIK_VIEW":"View","COM_FABRIK_LIST_SHORTCUTS_ADD":"a","COM_FABRIK_LIST_SHORTCUTS_EDIT":"e","COM_FABRIK_LIST_SHORTCUTS_DELETE":"d","COM_FABRIK_LIST_SHORTCUTS_FILTER":"f"}}</script>

The error in the Console is:

core.js?500ed8d?:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'joomla.jtext' of null
at Object.e.getOptions (core.js?500ed8d?:1)
at Object._ (core.js?500ed8d?:1)
at Object.start (loader.js:2)
at Object.e.extend.$owner (mootools-core.js?500ed8d?:38)
at Object.submit (list.js:2)
at Object.submitClearForm (listfilter.js:2)
at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (listfilter.js:2)
at HTMLAnchorElement.dispatch (jquery.min.js?500ed8d?:3)
e.getOptions @ core.js?500ed8d?:1
_ @ core.js?500ed8d?:1
start @ loader.js:2
e.extend.$owner @ mootools-core.js?500ed8d?:38
submit @ list.js:2
submitClearForm @ listfilter.js:2
(anonymous) @ listfilter.js:2
dispatch @ jquery.min.js?500ed8d?:3
r.handle @ jquery.min.js?500ed8d?:3

Not sure where to go from here to get the searches working. The site is willcountywarrants.com and under Data, you can choose any of the links and none of the search / advance search work.

Just did some more testing and it appears it might be my site template keeping the modal boxes from appearing. I switched one of the searches to protostar and the advanced search box did appear.

Last edited:
Did you try with a standard Joomla bootstrap template?

Your page is running jsntplframework, jsn_mini_pro, pagebuilder
which may break Fabrik JS which is relying on the original Joomla JS.

On my site which is running the advanced search correctly it's e.g.
<script type="application/json" class="joomla-script-options new">{"joomla.jtext":{"COM_FABRIK_LOADING...

Yes protostar is working for the search. I have been on this template for a while and it didn't break until the upgrade to Joomla 3.7. Working with the template company to see what they might find as well to get this working.

Just turned off Optimize Script Tags in the template settings and the searches are now working. Thanks for your help.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back