Problem with List Access permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jo-ka

I'm having a problem setting group access permissions in Lists.
I want to limit the View Record and View List to Registered group and all the other settings to Special group.
But when i set the Delete records option to Special group, the box in front-end is disabled and the View Icon and option is not available.

I think it might be a bug, because when i set the Delete Records option to Registered group everything is ok, but i don't want Registered users to delete records.

Seems you have a double post.
I can't replicate this.
You are applying "Access levels", not usergroups.
So it seems the group your logged in user belongs to doesn't have "Special" access level assigned.

Seems you have a double post.
I can't replicate this.
You are applying "Access levels", not usergroups.
So it seems the group your logged in user belongs to doesn't have "Special" access level assigned.

1) Yes i might have a double post because fabrik forum didn?t responded and had some problems this morning.
2) Yes, i'm applying Access Levels and not usergroups, i'm sorry for my error.
3) I have a user that is part of the Registered Joomla Group (ACL). If i set the Delete Records option to Special, none of the other options (Edit and View Details) are available.

So, what i want it that Registered Users can only View Details and the all other options set to Special User. This (now) is only possible if the Delete Record is available to Registered Users, that's why i said it might be a bug.

I don't want that user can delete the record, just View Details.

Did i make myself clear now? I'm sorry if i couldn't explain myself before.

It's clear what you want to achieve but I can't replicate your problem. What is your exact Fabrik version?

listaccess.PNG list-registered-user.PNG

That's what i've settled up.

I'm using Fabrik 3.1.RC2 on J!2.5.17

And i can only see the magnifying glass icon if i have the Delete Records set to Registered, but then i have both, delete and view.

Can this be a bug or not? I can't move yet to J!3.2.

You should always mention that you are running Fabrik3.1 on Joomla2.5 because this is a special combination.

But also here I don't have a problem with access settings.
You'll get a checkbox if your list "Links" settings are "Render buttons as floating", but this is no delete access (checking the box will show a popup with the magn. glass).
You may set "Render buttons as inline" to see the buttons directly.

No... nothing of this works if the Delete Records is set so Special.
Can i send you the login details so you can check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back