Problem with Tables/Forms

Hi there, I am new to Fabrik, (come from a VB background)

I created a table with 128 fields -( there is a reason for that!)
I then wanted to created something that emulates tabs or allows the user to update parts of the record. Examples of the different sections are:
1.Personal Data
2.Parent/Guardian Info
3.Team/Club info
4. etc ....(6 Sections)

I then read that to do that I create a "master" table with all the fields [ngs_members]. Then I created a duplicate table for each section, linked to the master and then deleted the elements that I do not need for that section. It works but now with every copy the master table form crashes with messages that some of the elements do not exists, I then find the offending element in the element list for the master table, open it up and just save it again. Then the form works again!

Does anyone have some explanation or idea what is the problem?

I must say that this thing stretches you brain a bit...The manual shows you just enough to not know the detail stuff (my opinion so far).

Would it not help everyone if a sample/demo site gets set up that we are allowed to view the setup with some of the more advanced stuff we read about in the forum. Most threads just helps the guy that has the problem to fix his issue but give newbies no idea how these advanced stuff works.

(Just an idea)

Thanks, Henry

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back