Problem with updating to 3.0.6.3

Hi,
I have basic level problem with updating from 3.0.6.1 to 3.0.6.3.

I use earlier updating from 3.0.6 to 3.0.6.1 and then updating was OK - so i don't know why is an error now?

Now i use: Extensions/Extension Manager: Update (i use: purge cache, find update and update).

I have an error message after trying to update:
Code:
-1 An error has occured
Copy failed

I was trying to find something in google but was nothing suitable :mad:

Can you help what to do...?

Sounds like a permissions issue.

I wish J! would be a little more informative with the error message and actually tell us which file. Try raising the system error reporting to maximum (in the J! global settings) and see if it'll be a little more helpful.

-- hugh

Try raising the system error reporting to maximum (in the J! global settings)

-- hugh

I had system error reporting to maximum - and is only that error info.

And i have a look at:
Extension Manager: Manage and is ~20 plugins actualised to 3.0.6.3

And in Extension Manger: Update is permanently ~ 50 (1 - Fabrik - component, other - plugins)plugins that should be actualised - but they are not becouse an error occured.:confused:

I just did an update of all plugins, and didn't get an error.

What OS is your server? If it's a Linux box, are you running the J! ftp layer?

-- hugh

I have a big problem after trying to update.

Now i don't have at list view - possiibility to view and edit records.
There is no "small icons" for "view record" and "edit record" at the end of each record - from right of row.

It is for all my lists in Fabrik - even if access for view and edit is for public.

I can restore from backup - but i need to update...

No, it's just the button display default which has changed if "Render buttons as" has not been set explicitly (I don't know why).

I assume you can see a checkbox: checking it will show the buttons

Or edit your lists, in "Links" set "Render buttons as"= inline

No, it's just the button display default which has changed if "Render buttons as" has not been set explicitly (I don't know why).

I can't see a checkbox.

I can only on list f.e. "List 1" change "Render buttons as"= floating than i have a checkbox and i can "click in" that checkbox and than i see "floating icon: viev and edit".

"Render buttons as"= inline doesn't work for me.

Is it possible to repair it in any global way - i need to have opton: "Render buttons as"= inline again ...

Hi,
i don't know reasons of problem but i restored my Joomla+Fabrik from backup and now is OK OK with actualisation to 3.0.6.3.

The small problem is that i see 2 items in:
Extension manager:Update
1. fabrik - Update - Component - 3.0.6.3 - NA - Administrator
2.Search-Fabrik - Upodate - plugin - 3.0.6.3 - search - Site

And i can't actualise them:
I get an errors:

Code:
Updating component was successful.
Error updating plugin.
and
Code:
PLG_FABRIK_SEARCH_DESCRIPTION

removed old update site

Default connection created

Libray files moved

Installation finished

Click here to install sample data

After try to actualise nothing change in
Extension Manager: Manage - i have only:
1. Fabrik --- Component - 3.0.6.2 ---N/A (backend)
2.Search-Fabrik ---Plugin - 3.0.6.1 --- search

I try several times to actualise and nothing change with that two items.

After actualisation to 3.0.6.3 i have just this case.
Everywhere is (on every list)
Render buttons as"= floating

Is possible to change in global way from "floating" to "inline" ?

When you say inline "isn't working" ... is it still set to inline? i know we had an issue prior to that last release, where the setting wouldn't "stick", so after changing it to inline and saving, it would revert back to floating.

Can you confirm if the setting has stayed on inline?

-- hugh

On 09-06-2012 it was before my updating to 3.0.6.3.
I had big problem with updating and other problems like:
Fabrik: edit list --- Links - Render button as: inline (it was set up as "inline" on each fabrik list)
but in List Viev i had nothing - any small icon to view or edit records.

The settings has stayed on inline... but in List view was no icons for view and edit

In that moment i could use only "floating".

Now, since 09-07-2012 i am after updating to 3.0.6.3 and now "inline" works but is neccessary to change manually from "floating" to "inline" on each lists.

When change to "inline" it is stayed on "inline" an in List view is OK - i see icons for "view" and "edit" records.

It is the same when Fabrik:Lists --- "New" (orange +)
When starting "new" list it is set "floating" at the beginning (default).

fresh installation, lastest version + lastest github + j2.5.7; I've the following problems with button render in list view:
1) ACL problem, when the render is set to inline if the delete permission is disabled (set to special users) the buttons aren't rendered
2) if the render is set to floating, also if view details is disabled, the link to detail is shown in the popup

Hi,
I have again the same what marcoleo.

It happened today after update on GitHub to 3.0.6.3-94-g04e7d00.

-----
Earlier i updated my Joomla to 2.5.7 but i had fabrik 3.0.6.3 without any GitHub - then was OK and "inline" has worked.
----

Now after update to GitHub to 3.0.6.3-94-g04e7d00 - "inline" doesn't work at all when:
Fabrik:edit list --- Access --- Delete record --- set to Special

So, it is a big problem for me becouse i nearly everywhere need "Delete record set to special".

I confirm that "inline" works when "Delete record" set to normal group of Joomla users.

Please any help,

for me the problem was present also before github update (original 3.0.6.3), tried this morning with github but the problem persist

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back