Problems with smart search / finder plugin

chris.paschen

Chris Paschen
I'm in the process of writing a custom finder (i.e. smart search) plugin to directly index/search data in tables created by fabrik (following the steps in the Yireo "Programming Joomla! Plugins" book by Jisse Reitsma).

Everything seems to be going along fine until I try to run the indexer. On the front-end it just hangs.
When running via /cli/finder_indexer.php (via a prompt) I get:

Please ensure you have installed and published the Fabrik system plugin

And the indexing process stops.

I have disabled all search/finder plugins that mention fabrik.
The PLUGINS | SYSTEM | System - Fabrik plugin IS published (and I don't see any other system plugins).

After a bit of testing I found that the error goes away (and the search index processes properly) if I dispable the Content-Fabrik plugin. Which makes sense because Finder is trying to index fabrik 'stuff' if it is embeded in a content item.

Is there any way (other than just disabling that content-fabrik plugin while indexing) to prevent the finder indexer from parsing fabrik data within content items?

Or is there actually some 'system - fabrik' plugin that I need to install and enable to allow it to search the fabrik data embeded via the content-fabrik plugin?

Hi Fabrik Team,

I am also having same problem with joomla latest version 3.7.1. Can you help on this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Just an FYI ... the original issue here is 2 years old.
I must have somehow resolved this (or it got resolved in some Fabrik update along the way).
Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what I did to resolve it :-(
[Although I did do some 're-arrangement' of plugin orders, which may have resolved it.]

Sorry I can't provide any more info on how I got it working.

What problem? The OP refers to a custom plugin he wrote.

Can you describe exactly what you issue is?

-- hugh

J! 3.7.5 + Fabrik 3.5.1 if I try to run the cli indexer for finder smart search it just dumps the following and doesn't do any batch indexing:

php cli/finder_indexer.php

Smart Search INDEXER
============================
Starting Indexer
Setting up Smart Search plugins
Setup 643 items in 0.246 seconds.
Please ensure you have installed and published the Fabrik system plugin

Note the Fabrik mentioned here.

Ah, OK. I've never even tried running that. To be honest, I didn't even know it existed. And iirc, I don't think we implement a smart search.

I'll give it a go.

-- hugh

It wouldn't surprise me if this is somehow related to my J! upgrade without Fabrik as per our conversation in the other thread. If you want to leave this with me I'll be upgrading in the next day or two and I'll include this in my list of todos to test and let you know if the fabrik upgrade resolves it.

S.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back