Question about Fabrik Dropdown Options

Rankx

Hi there. My question is very simple. I would simply like to know where exactly the different dropdown options are stored for a Dropdown element.

Say you have a form name testform, and you have an dropdown element named options. You have 4 dropdown options for that element. Where exactly in the database or elsewhere would these dropdowns be stored?

I want to pull these dropdowns to use then in a custom form.

the regular DD items are stored inside an internal fabrik table in such a way that is not easy nor safe to use from your application.
I think the best way to manage your drop down items (and possibly use them) is to create a dedicated list/table (with id and text). Then, in you main table you set your element to "databasejoin" rather than "dropdown" and you render it as a dropdown. The result is the same but now you can edit or used your drop down items from inside your app easily.

the regular DD items are stored inside an internal fabrik table in such a way that is not easy nor safe to use from your application.
I think the best way to manage your drop down items (and possibly use them) is to create a dedicated list/table (with id and text). Then, in you main table you set your element to "databasejoin" rather than "dropdown" and you render it as a dropdown. The result is the same but now you can edit or used your drop down items from inside your app easily.

This would work perfectly if I was doing this for myself. If I understand you correctly, when I create a dedicated table, I would have to access the DB directly to edit/add options. But it is for a client and I was looking to have the client use fabrik to update the options.

You can create a menu item pointing to this fabrik table in order for your client to manage the content of the dropdown by itself (see all the possibilities, add one, delete another...)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back